I can see the light

careful they dont drop on the seats and burn it ?

:lol2 They get hot but not that hot, it would have to sit on the seat for awhile before it could even think of burning anything..It definately works best where you have a coat hanger (or ohshit handle), whatever it's called, to lock the rod in and it won't go anywhere...

They get hot but not that hot,

I had forgoten about this thread...but thx for the reminder....I have had to replace carpeting in the back of a coupe after an employee accidentally knocked over a light exactly like that one. :rollin

Also, I use those lights as a replacement for the sun when it is raining and i have to bag a window for a removal...so yeah...those lights can get hot. No, I havent used it...I stick with flourescent "under the counter" lights for back windows (ever since that employee knocked over the light) :poke

Glad it works for ya...but there is no way I am trying it.

They get hot but not that hot,

I had forgoten about this thread...but thx for the reminder....I have had to replace carpeting in the back of a coupe after an employee accidentally knocked over a light exactly like that one. :lol

Also, I use those lights as a replacement for the sun when it is raining and i have to bag a window for a removal...so yeah...those lights can get hot. No, I havent used it...I stick with flourescent "under the counter" lights for back windows (ever since that employee knocked over the light) :lol

Glad it works for ya...but there is no way I am trying it.

:lol If it works for you great but scares me.....................

great tip anyway :poke

Only way i could see it burning anything is if you didnt have it on a stand and laying it on the rear deck or seat or leaving it on a long amount of time inside the car.. With it set up this way in the air and away from any cloth i could leave it on in a car for awhile without any problems, realistically though i can turn it on and cut the rear window in less than a minute now..but thats cool, i used a flurosent light for years but i hated it,especially by myself.

Good tip if you don't own the 2 step rubbermaid stepstool. It's the perfect height for those type of halogen lights for the bg cutout.

Archived