Crazy people

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest landrover127

all tint customers are mental even when they shut the tailgage on a boot full of junk and rip the film then say they picked it up like that they must think we change the dam glass or somthing lol. :cool

Guest kimo64
It's a we;; known fact people in the northern part of the state are crazy. That being said I had to deal with some yesterday. I tinted their car last Saturday. This was our week of -* weather and by the end of the week finally getting in to the teens. That was here, up north it's quite a bit colder. Anyways everything goes great, give them the instructions (don't roll down 3 days, don't wash inside blah blah blah, etc.). I also tell them that it's going to take a bit to dry out, at minimum 4-5 days if it's getting some sun. Well, they call this Friday and are like freaking out on the phone to my wife. She says that there is bubbles everywhere and the tint "tore" when they rolled the window down. I couldn't think about what they meant by tore it was a newer car and an easy one at that, should have been no problems. Well, they come down Saturday, about a 1 hour drive. I go out to the car and look and immediately know what it is. There is a seat belt nick in the tint. They couldn't go a couple days without messing it up. I explain to them what happened and what they need to do to prevent it in the future. They both respond "NO" that's not what happened, there was bubbles all over the place and one "popped". I said it's impossible to "pop", there is nothing to pop. I said I know you drove a long ways here to get it looked at, I'm going to be nice and fix it for you since it's so new, but this is what happened and you will need to be careful taking off your seat belt. Again they continued to argue that they watched the bubble pop. I said in the thousands of seconds between when you got the car and you noticed this, you just happened to catch this water bubble "pop" in a fraction of a second. They both responded with a yes that she rolled the window down and she saw the bubble pop. I couldn't contain my laughter, I told them you are lucky I'm a nice guy that it's impossible what they are trying to tell me, and if it happens again I'm not going to fix it for free. They insisted that they watched a water bubble pop and I was wrong even though I explained to them that we have tinted thousands of cars and there really isn't anything we haven't seen and I have seen seat belt nicks hundreds of times. They both insisted this time it wasn't and they watched it pop. Crazy motherf's.

Guest kimo64

lmao tint pen for seat belt nicks really

:blink: Paint pen for nicks! I guess if he sold boats he's throw in a bag of assorted corks to fill the holes!

Guest max power

I tinted this chick's car few months back, repeat customer and it was a near new lancer. Anyway couple weeks later she rings cos there's a light scratch in the 1/4 glass so i say come on down and I'll fix it. Then she mentions the tint is bubbling up on the other windows already and she's not happy cos the bubbles are popping!

Obviously i knew straight away it was seatbelt nicks without even seeing the job but told her I'll check it out when she comes down. When she bought the car down there's like pin head particles in three wind-ups and I mean like one or two each window, kickass tint job but she reckons her last car was "perfect" so she's not happy.

So I replace the 1/4 glass, had to look real hard to see the faint scratch and 2 windows have got nicks in them so I say I'll replace them at no cost. Then she's like " so you're telling me my 18 month old son is undoing his baby seat by himself and throwing the seatbelt at the glass? cos nobody except him has ever been in the back of my car"" I replied that no, I'm just saying that something has caused these nicks and probably the seatbelt.

Tried to explain to her that the tint isn't popping and she started getting really pissed at me, Her attitude was getting me past the point of being nice to her and basically told her to go away and I'll ring her when I'm finished.

Started on the job and guess what I find, a massive bunch of keys on the backseat which I hand to her when she returns and she's like " oh they can just stay in the back of the car, little tommy likes to play with them, keeps him quiet'

I say nothing. I hate her so bad

Guest shadeking
I think all of us tinters are usually jammed for time, so in the perfect world we could go over every bit of information pertaining to warranty coverage issues with certain models , scratch resistant, versus scratch proof , etc. But what happens is you forget the smallest thing , and the customer does not understand. My philosophy is to look at things from the customers point of view. For example, how many customers have you all had that assumed that the film was painted or even impregnated into the glass ? or customers that ask you if you must remove the factory tint from the rear windows of a SUV before tinting it ? I redo windows if people accidentally roll the down, I will re tint it if they accidentally knick the film with their seatbelts, and I try to be really tolerant of their ignorance in regards to how window film works. This goes a long way because the customers wont bad mouth you, because they dont have anything bad to say about you. I think ( make that I know ) the//man dealt with this in the most professional way , even if the right thing in many peoples eyes would be to not redo this because it was the customers fault. As bad is this economy is , we need all the happy customers as we can get, and we all need to educate them on what a great purchase window film can be for their car, home or office/ :twocents

When they pick up the car I strait up tell them seat belts can scratch the tint and it is not covered.

Scratch resistant... not scratch proof.

Archived