2011 GTI sides

Guest deanjones

Guest deanjones

Anyone done the 2011? The door panels appear to be different. The fronts seem as if they could pull back at the top, but the rears are tough. Anyone tried removing them?

Guest tintpro2007
Anyone done the 2011? The door panels appear to be different. The fronts seem as if they could pull back at the top, but the rears are tough. Anyone tried removing them?

Should be a torx screw up front, take that out, and the tweeter (if it has one up front) then slide a hard card under the doorpanel, seperating the gasket and door panel by prying the door panel and gasket apart. Doesn't seem like it wants to work, but I promise it comes right off, then pull gasket out, tint car, put gasket back in, get paid, get custy's next new car later down the road, cause you did a great job :lol2

Guest deanjones

Should be a torx screw up front, take that out, and the tweeter (if it has one up front) then slide a hard card under the doorpanel, seperating the gasket and door panel by prying the door panel and gasket apart. Doesn't seem like it wants to work, but I promise it comes right off, then pull gasket out, tint car, put gasket back in, get paid, get custy's next new car later down the road, cause you did a great job :thumb

Cool, thanks! This one is a 4-door. Have you done one of those? The rear doors seem much more difficult to pull the panel back on. There's no flex to them at the top like on the fronts...

Guest deanjones

Should be a torx screw up front, take that out, and the tweeter (if it has one up front) then slide a hard card under the doorpanel, seperating the gasket and door panel by prying the door panel and gasket apart. Doesn't seem like it wants to work, but I promise it comes right off, then pull gasket out, tint car, put gasket back in, get paid, get custy's next new car later down the road, cause you did a great job :trustme

Cool, thanks! This one is a 4-door. Have you done one of those? The rear doors seem much more difficult to pull the panel back on. There's no flex to them at the top like on the fronts...

Also, this one doesn't have a torx screw up front... It does at the bottom.

Anyone tinted these with the gaskets/door panels still on?

Should be a torx screw up front, take that out, and the tweeter (if it has one up front) then slide a hard card under the doorpanel, seperating the gasket and door panel by prying the door panel and gasket apart. Doesn't seem like it wants to work, but I promise it comes right off, then pull gasket out, tint car, put gasket back in, get paid, get custy's next new car later down the road, cause you did a great job :twocents

Also, this one doesn't have a torx screw up front... It does at the bottom.

Anyone tinted these with the gaskets/door panels still on?

Just tinted one today belt cut them and went on. Thats how I do all the the vw's and audi's. Wasn't a bad car to do small shrink on the doors and stretch the back glass on the bottom corners.

Guest TintArmor

ive tinted about 15 or so MK6 GTI's and Golfs, and TDI's, ive noticed that there all different in regards to the front doors, some are extremely easy to tint and some gaskets are tighter than others. its best to remove the door panels to make for an easier install.

I just did one and I didn't even have to take the torque screw out. Just rolled the windows down gave the top a good tug up and and back and the panel separated from the gasket no problem. I was only doing the windshield and two front roll downs though.

Archived