new Challanger/Camaro

TintStuff

ive been having this issue with both the challenger and camaro. the drivers door peels around the back bottom corner where the rubber presses really hard on the tint. the summer is usually fine and i dont have any problems but now with this cold ive had quite a few of these peel. i have the customer leave the car all day so they have time to dry along with heating the bottom edge. ive had quite a few that have never had a problem but lately i dont know what to do. how far into the seal do you guys tuck the film??

im using basic black on a lot of these. its not what i want to use but i work at a place where i dont really get to decide that. i haven't had too much of an issue with this film except of now.

i might try using ATC again if i can. i use AT because its thinner and at the time it helped me out a lot.

unfortunately most people go for the cheap stuff which is why we order the Basic Black. the owner just hears $$$$$$$ instead of what works.

i wasn't sure if anyone out there used this stuff and had problems with it.

thanks for the help

i might try using ATC again if i can. i use AT because its thinner and at the time it helped me out a lot.

unfortunately most people go for the cheap stuff which is why we order the Basic Black. the owner just hears $$$$$$$ instead of what works.

i wasn't sure if anyone out there used this stuff and had problems with it.

thanks for the help

I talked to someone about a cheaper line and someone said that was available, but for the price difference it really wasn't worth it. Thin, hard to work with, doesn't last that well. I think if it's ending up in the trash instead of staying on the car, eventually there is a point where a more expensive film is actually a better value. I rarely throw any ATC/ATC away, this covers creases, burnt film, contamination, peeling, etc. It goes on well, stays on, and details out nice if you do get little bits here and there.

I always heat the bottoms of my door glasses weather i pull the panel or not. helps to ensure drying. Just get a heat gun you can turn down really low or use a good hair dryer on door glasses. :twocents

Using only a slight amount of heat installing door glasses will also help soften your hard card so that it won't scratch film as easily. again thats just how I do it :bingo

Archived