trainee stuffed up

WELLLLL, just put a trainee on four weeks ago, started him on stripping doors, cleaning windows and p/up and delivery ...explained all the rules and obviously skipped over the section that explained that no you can't drive an unregistered sold car to do your personal errands WTF!!!!!!!! to make things better the d/p saw and followed him right back to my store.. I'm trying to be understanding as we all did stupid things when we where young but this is bugging the crap out of me especially when he was just about to go to lunch all i can say I hope he wises up soon. still got his but chewed big time..... made him apologies to the d/p personally.

Guess i'm just living the dream of having an employee...lol any one else had their staff do anything stupid like this????? tell me i'm not alone :twocents

WELLLLL, just put a trainee on four weeks ago, started him on stripping doors, cleaning windows and p/up and delivery ...explained all the rules and obviously skipped over the section that explained that no you can't drive an unregistered sold car to do your personal errands WTF!!!!!!!! to make things better the d/p saw and followed him right back to my store.. I'm trying to be understanding as we all did stupid things when we where young but this is bugging the crap out of me especially when he was just about to go to lunch all i can say I hope he wises up soon. still got his but chewed big time..... made him apologies to the d/p personally.

Guess i'm just living the dream of having an employee...lol any one else had their staff do anything stupid like this????? tell me i'm not alone :nope

Brother we are in different parts of the world but know you are not alone :beer Guess you better put that one in the orientation speech next time so even du%b azzs will get it :lol2

hang in there

Cheers

Guess i'm just living the dream of having an employee...lol any one else had their staff do anything stupid like this????? tell me i'm not alone :dunno

He wouldn't have lasted the day with me....you are too soft and imagine had he stacked that unregistered car?

Wise up man or get used to being screwed forever. :thumb

Devil

Watched a guy back a car into the building, then deny it, and say it was already there LMFAO. :poke Not so funny at the time. On a more sobering note, a local body shop around my area had a young kid, maybe 18 or 19, that took a toyota MR 2 out after the shop closed, and he wreaked it and killed himself . If you see potential , stay on his ass !!! If not, let him go after the 2nd f**k up. :money

i find you have to go through about 6-8 people to get 1 decent person worth training .since january i have tried 4 people and let them go and the 5th i thought wouldnt be good but an employee asked me to give him a chance and he is working out great . I dont put up with loser employees they will suck the life out your business .

i find you have to go through about 6-8 people to get 1 decent person worth training .since january i have tried 4 people and let them go and the 5th i thought wouldnt be good but an employee asked me to give him a chance and he is working out great . I dont put up with loser employees they will suck the life out your business .

Thanks for all the advice guys...as it turns out the guy just disappeared one day..I then moved on to a girl who cracked it and called me co@# h#ad because we had six cars to do and i told her to move faster...now onto a third who seems the genuine article. young with a family..wants to work and great skills for picking up the art.....

I've recently found that picking up someone who already has a trade of some sort that requires quality workmanship has provided me with two of the best trainees I've ever had. But yes, I've had plenty of people just like you've experienced over the years... and some who were far from being trainees! I guess that's people for you :homer

Archived