scorpion window tint

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have a question? are the end caps black or white and what is the actual material of the core made out of that the film is rolled up onto? Is it white plastic or is it tan cardboard?

Our cores are plastic. Our end caps can vary. Usually they are Grey. We have some black ones and some White/Clearish ones. Depending on the size of the roll, the box its going in, and who packs the film.

Our film is not on ebay. That is some other company that has nothing to do with us. We are located in Indiana. I beleive that company is out of Texas. Also our film boxes are white. Our film is U.S. made. as far as specs, call the 800 number and talk with a rep. Someone would be glad to help you.

Guest fredstinting
Tried out some of this today. Shrank great, installed well, and dried fairly quickly. Also looks pretty good. We used the 35%, meters at about 37 so states with a 35% + or - 3-5% might work out. We put it on a Caddy and it metered at 32%. Not gonna switch from Global or my dist but was gonna give them props here for sending us a sample. :fdup

i was told by the texas distributor that it was a rebox of llumars atc line

Tried out some of this today. Shrank great, installed well, and dried fairly quickly. Also looks pretty good. We used the 35%, meters at about 37 so states with a 35% + or - 3-5% might work out. We put it on a Caddy and it metered at 32%. Not gonna switch from Global or my dist but was gonna give them props here for sending us a sample. :thumb

i was told by the texas distributor that it was a rebox of llumars atc line

Not sure who you talked to in Texas, Our film is our film. There are similarities between our film and other films. To say it is a reboxed ATC is inaccurate. While we carry a film line very comparable, we also carry other lines or grades of window film.

If he's like any other reboxer that has any other agreement with any other manufacturer, I'm sure he has stipulations in his agreements stating he can't publicly list where exactly it's made (as in, what plant and by whom).

So you won't get an answer :thumb

However... if it looks like bacon, smells like bacon, and tastes like bacon... it probably is bacon.

Also judging from what other independents such as Howard have said before, companies don't flat out rebox film. Most places apparently have a more generic (yet similar, obviously) product that they can sell to reboxers. Or, if you meet their MOQ, you can have a film produced to your own specs.

It just wouldn't make sense for CPfilms to sell their best of the best to reboxers and let them use it. Logically there would be some changes.

I'm sure some people will say I'm an idiot, but I read around and ask lots of questions, and this seems to be the consensus among the guys that actually do it.

As for him listing his specs... I'd assume he has them on his website. If he doesn't, well, that's just weird :nope

If he's like any other reboxer that has any other agreement with any other manufacturer, I'm sure he has stipulations in his agreements stating he can't publicly list where exactly it's made (as in, what plant and by whom).

So you won't get an answer :gay

However... if it looks like bacon, smells like bacon, and tastes like bacon... it probably is bacon.

Also judging from what other independents such as Howard have said before, companies don't flat out rebox film. Most places apparently have a more generic (yet similar, obviously) product that they can sell to reboxers. Or, if you meet their MOQ, you can have a film produced to your own specs.

It just wouldn't make sense for CPfilms to sell their best of the best to reboxers and let them use it. Logically there would be some changes.

I'm sure some people will say I'm an idiot, but I read around and ask lots of questions, and this seems to be the consensus among the guys that actually do it.

As for him listing his specs... I'd assume he has them on his website. If he doesn't, well, that's just weird :lol

:thumb

So you won't get an answer :gay

As for him listing his specs... I'd assume he has them on his website. If he doesn't, well, that's just weird :lol

:thumb

:lol

Archived