2000 Impala

finishlineautosports

No due to weather here he had to reschedule for tonight. I know how to pull the rubbers out of these...What I was asking is when I have the film on the outside to cut my pattern, I cut the back side first leaving excess on the front, then I will slide the film past the backside edge a little bit and then cut the front. The last time I did one of these I kept coming up short on the front side because the mirror is so tight to the glass on the front that I can't seem to get an accurate cut since you can't really get your hand or knife in their properly. This would be a nice situation to have a plotter I am sure.

well...for an easy solution...take a piece of liner and get the proper angle cut for that window...then transfer the angle to the front part of the tint....cut the angle first...then put the tint on the window...line up the front to where you want it and cut the rest? :boogie

I own the same car but working mainly car audio for years to pull the door panel isnt all that hard. Then you can also remove the mirror with the 10 m bolts that hold it in. It sounds like a pain but Ive tinted mine twice now. One with the aformentioned and after more experience and time being its mine I totally pulled the glass to get the tint way under the gaskets and micro edge while they were out. Dont be afraid just to pull the panel and mirror if you want a nice job or go extreme like I ended up on my second try. No visible side lines at all it looks as factory as one could get. Right panel tools and drivers will get it out.

Archived