new warranty forms

Just fill in the total. Explain its a package price. At least in my case all I've ever needed from a pricing aspect was the total to complete a warranty claim.

you use solargard and panorama film as do i....have you looked at the new warranties....i dont think the customer need to know what the product cost and what my labor is...and the manufacture can figure out that if they need as they now how much they charge me for the film....and to me it would look bad if there are spots to break down the cost and i just fill in what i want...and would this void their warranty if its not filled out properly...

Just fill in the total. Explain its a package price. At least in my case all I've ever needed from a pricing aspect was the total to complete a warranty claim.

you use solargard and panorama film as do i....have you looked at the new warranties....i dont think the customer need to know what the product cost and what my labor is...and the manufacture can figure out that if they need as they now how much they charge me for the film....and to me it would look bad if there are spots to break down the cost and i just fill in what i want...and would this void their warranty if its not filled out properly...

I'm the SoCal sales rep :)

I know I've had some complaints on the new warranty and compliments. So long as a total is in place you are set. I will bring this up with the individual involved in the new warranties and let them know. Kinda cool a post on TD can get someone to speak directly to the person involved on the mfg level. I do like the fact we have just one auto warranty now and its crystal clear on what is covered. A lot of warranties are handed out with a "yeah its lifetime" statement, this one highlights color change, demetalizing etc and will help inform the customer of exactly what they have purchased. Its less paper, you also now have the chance to keep a carbon copy for record keeping. All very helpful features. I wouldn't get hung up on that part I will verify for you that so long as the total is in place the labor/film part can be filled out as you wish.

:beer

i looked at your info and saw you were a rep just before looking at your last post...yes its cool to have somone on the inside here to post to. i know i dont post asmuch as alot of the regular here but i do feel the tintdude site has been a great help for me ... and its nice to beable to share tips and trick with others that are not your direct competition.......i texted jon yesterday about it once i got the new ones in the mail....as for me having a copy cant say thats good or bad...as i have a ton of my copies for my res and com customers..now ill have them for the autos....oh well... its nice they sent me a pack rather than just 5 in the box of tint....dont the packeers know how many vehicles you can tint from a box of tint.....lol...thanks for your response....john in pa

Guest fredstinting
the manufactuer i use has changed the warrantys again....now they want me to break down the product price and the labor price. this is both for auto warranties and com/res. like to see what you all think about this

have you every thought to making your own warranty to promote yourself instead of the brand film you use.

i have not thought of that....i figure by using a companys name along with mine it give the customer a better or more comfortable feeling that if im not around anymore they will still be covered if something would go wrong....i use my company name and referrals to promote my company

John,

I spoke with the warranty department yesterday on your behalf and they said that they will go by the total invoice value in the event of a warranty claim, the breakdown is not super critical.

I would fill it out as a 50/50 split and that keeps the values at a reasonable rate for both labor and materials and does not expose your customers to your actual film costs etc...

I'm glad you use the warranty documents, it adds value to your work and peace of mind to your customers. Alot of shops do not take the extra 30 seconds to fill them out, and then if someone does have a claim they get upset with us because we have no documentation to file a claim.

I like the way you work John, take the time to fill out the warranty and never have to worry.

Take Care Buddy!

Jon

John,

I spoke with the warranty department yesterday on your behalf and they said that they will go by the total invoice value in the event of a warranty claim, the breakdown is not super critical.

I would fill it out as a 50/50 split and that keeps the values at a reasonable rate for both labor and materials and does not expose your customers to your actual film costs etc...

I'm glad you use the warranty documents, it adds value to your work and peace of mind to your customers. Alot of shops do not take the extra 30 seconds to fill them out, and then if someone does have a claim they get upset with us because we have no documentation to file a claim.

I like the way you work John, take the time to fill out the warranty and never have to worry.

Take Care Buddy!

Jon

This should probably be a new topic but.... a 50/50 split means you're over-charging your customers for sales tax, at least on most films. What's wrong with your customer knowing how and why you charge what you do? If your worth it they will pay. I say be honest, all of our invoices break down parts and labor. Are there people charging sales tax on 100% of the invoice, probably. Is it wrong, yes! I even know some weasels who charge sales tax but are not registered with the state to collect it, so they are just keeping it! Karma is a bitch...

Archived