3m partnering with pepboys?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I won't even take my car to Wal-Mart or Canadian Tire for work to be done, just don't feel great about it for a multitude of reasons :dunno

The people who will go to Best Buy and Pep Boys to get some "tints" probably aren't the type of people you'd want as customers anyway.

Good work, good customer service, quality product, fair price and a great reputation are where it's at.

I seem to see a rebound around here of small auto shops and other small businesses, here it seems like a lot of people miss the little guy and are now looking for just that for certain services.

Push window film as a service, not a product... the good customer's will still keep coming :lol

I think guardian is in a good boat because they do a variety of different things, not just window film.

I have 6 Best Buy locations within 50 square miles of me offering tinting now. And from what I understand , a lot of CP's employees asses are on the line on whether it works or not. I think this is where all the mannys are going anyway. And you know the type that made all these deals . 5 piece suit, number crunching, espresso machine drinking, german car driving numb nuts that would not want to get his hands dirty with slip solution , but can crunch the #'s and say , " gee, if 25% of said retl stores buy X amount of film per month, my sales commission will be double. then I can get that gold encrusted shark tank my stripper mistress wants so bad. Ohh, and these are the same a**hole that send our jobs overseas , sell direct and in general f**k up our economy and anywhere else in the world they can sink their dirty little hands into. Ohh, and stagnant prices ? thats the direct result of all the big players in this industry making too much film on too wide of price spreads, and holding the price down . Just my :lol

:lol that's funny %&$#

I see it as a complete insult to, and abandonment of the film company's original customer base.

Agreed.

Sucks but does anybody here really believe this will last or be something that long term will be a big deal?

They'll have customer service nightmares, employee drama nightmares and more. All with nobody there to really give a crap. These places will be for bottom feeder custys in time is my opinion.

Ya honestly I have no loyalty for the mannys, I do have loyalty to my dist tho, because I need them to take care of me so I can take care of my custys...I stopped selling LuLu because of the dealerships and because of the awful customer service. I am very happy with Global and my dist and have been for 2 years now. I just find it amusing that instead of trying to keep us all happy as tinters they will just make as much as they can, ruin a market, then we they can't sell their tint to the mom and pop tint places, because they are all gone or won't buy so and so's film, they will just rebox it and sell it to anyone. Not a good game plan, but what do I know. I think they are just assuming that with the new technologies coming that eventually, in the next 20 yrs or so, that tinting will be a forgotten art form.

Ya honestly I have no loyalty for the mannys, I do have loyalty to my dist tho, because I need them to take care of me so I can take care of my custys...I stopped selling LuLu because of the dealerships and because of the awful customer service. I am very happy with Global and my dist and have been for 2 years now. I just find it amusing that instead of trying to keep us all happy as tinters they will just make as much as they can, ruin a market, then we they can't sell their tint to the mom and pop tint places, because they are all gone or won't buy so and so's film, they will just rebox it and sell it to anyone. Not a good game plan, but what do I know. I think they are just assuming that with the new technologies coming that eventually, in the next 20 yrs or so, that tinting will be a forgotten art form.

That's an important point. Shows what manu's are missing out on. You (and other ethical business people with a shred of decency) are loyal to other businesses that are in turn loyal to them. It's a relationship, not a prostitution transaction :lol

Oh I am not worried about losing customers, I am mostly worried that the industry locally will take a hit...I get calls all the time about ppl not knowing tint isn't supposed to be purple...doing a R/R right now on a mustang cobra that the owner had no idea how crappy their tint looked till we tinted their other car in Global...

I just hate to see a good industry constantly affected by not just hacks, but actual industry "leaders" such as 3m and LuLu. This sets a bad example imo for our industry and it is a lot of extra work and courtship to get those customers to trust us! And most of these companies can afford to appear to know what they are doing, which lures ppl in as well. Just because 3m has been in biz 100 years doesn't mean the pb tinter has been tinting more than a week....

Lets see here. We have the major manufacturers offering their brands in Home Depot, soon to be Lowes, Pep Boys, Best Buy and others. You have manufacturers and distributors competing against thier dealers at the auto dealership level and almost all large commercial projects.

And you hear from the manufacturers complaining of the lack of loyalty from their dealers.

This is not going to be pretty down the road folks

Archived