Customers from Hell

There's a new medal for those who tell us a good story about a customer from hell.

bad-custy.gif

Post it here, start a new thread in the Horror Stories section, or post the URL to a post you've already made.

No one liners please.

Couldn't have picked a better medal! :lol

lol i agree, nice pick TD

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest shadowline

OK in the summer i had a nice old lady come in with a medical condition (which i cant recall) and wanted UV protection in her car, ok i explained what we can do so we install 18% in the rear and 70% on the front drops (due to the law here) anyway car comes in and it was filthy inside which shocked me, anyway job done husband collects car and goes. He rings later asking to re assure the front windscreen had been done? No i explained its illegal and the screen will block UV anyway so she has protection. He calls back later to say ive mislead them as i havent done the front screen........so i explain i will never do a front windscreen and never said i would in the quote, and it will block UV anyway so she can be rest assured. 10 mins later i get a call from her ive have NEVER heard foul language from a senior person she was spitting swear words ssaying ive mislead and robbed her etc etc!!! I even text her the following day to explain that the windscreen gives UV protection and perhaps she misunderstood what i had explained, to which i get a foul mouthed text back.......never knew old people knew swear words like that!!! I was a bit taken a back..............

A few months ago I tinted some windows for a old korean lady, she could barely talk English.

Everything went as planned of so it seemed. My boss called my up to the front right after I dropped the car off and told me to take all the tint off, I was shocked because thats something we NEVER had to do.

I went and got the keys and the old lady was pissed off rambling about something. My boss pulled me aside and told me she said that she didnt wan the lines on the backglass. I was like WTF lines? I did it in 1 piece there are no lines. Turns out the old bitch said we put the defrost lines on the window and they was not there before we tinted the car :dunno

I took the film off and she went to look at the car and was still bitching about the defrost lines on here back window. She was all up in arms saying that WE put the lines on the glass :rollin

GUESS WHAT BITVCH!!!! THEY WERE STILL THERE WHEN THE FILM WAS TAKEN OFF :lol6

She drove off with no tint on her car :rollin dumb azz

The Customer From Hell,

It was a cold winter morning December 23rd 2006 , I had gotten a call from this guy speaking very fast who sounded from out of town, Said he wanted his pickup tinted right away. I was like great, bring it in.

The customer shows up 20 min late, no big deal. Well I pull his car in and theres a really bad oder of tobacco and just B.O , The pickup was a extended cab. Packed with blankets clothes etc. The guy sounded like he was from a southern or maybe western state.

I explained to the guy that I needed to take the items out of the truck before tinting it. He said O OK ill do it. So it took the guy a good 40 min to unload the stuff because he deff did not want help. So I usually always start or do the rear window of any auto first. But the oder was so bad I decided to tint the sides first dreading the upcoming inevitable rear glass being stuck in the back for 5 mmin... So after i were done doing the sides I cut out the rear glass, no shrink, and rolled it up and went in the rear with tools film etc.

Trying to not breath I'm cleaning the rear glass. I smell a foul oder I look to my left and I see SH__T stained undies tucked under the rear passenger seat and to the right I seen some type of syringes. I stopped, got out, skeeved. Told the guy that I cant believe he had me go in a car with uncovered syringes let alone syringes at all. I felt bad saying something about the oder. I told him I was unable to complete the job. And he had to leave. He took all syringes out and begged me to finish the truck. He said he was homeless from out of state looking for work. He said the needles were for his diabetes but I really had my doubts. finished the rear glass because i just felt bad for the guy. But I charged him regular rate because of the fiasco. I did the rear in limo. i think the guy was sleeping or living in there all the time and thats why he wanted the rear so dark.

But after that customer I always check the cars and ask the customers if they have any sharp objects or needles knifes etc to please make sure there removed from the auto. Scary stuff. I deal with picky nuts all the time.. But this particular tint job was a bad dream... It always is in the back of my mind and haunts me. Like what if I didn't see the needles and got stuck with a needle in my knee... Or what if the car i do tomorrow when i go and I'm kneeling in the rear seat has a needle stuck in the crack of the seat and i get stuck with a dirty needle... ehhheheheheh ever since that guy I get creeped out about it.... You never know what in those back seats...

Well that smy customer from hell story

Guest vic3d

I don't think I can compete with you guys but I do have a story about a customer who almost made me snap!

OK so this guy brings in an FJ cruiser (easiest car ever) to tint 43% all around. I tint the front doors first, then windshield, bg, sides, and finally I shave the edges on the front doors as the customer watches from one of the chairs in the waiting area thats about 8 feet away. So I close the doors and tell him it's done and I do the classic "don't roll down for 3 days, no windex or ammonia on the inside, blah blah". First thing this guy does when he gets up from his chair is go to the driver side window and roll it down in my face and he starts feeling the edge like I did something wrong to it, or like he knew what he was doing! I'm like, :spit "Sir you can't roll down the windows for 3 days". So he closes that window and guess where he went... Yup you guessed it. Over to the other side, rolled down the pas side window and starts feeling the edge again. :inot I'm like :what "Sir you pretty much just voided your 5 year warranty on those roll-ups right in front of me". He doesn't say a word, pays us and leaves.

About a week later he calls saying there's a scratch on the driver side roll up. We knew where this was going but :hmmm whatever we told him to come in and we would check it out. Looks exactly like the kind of scratch you leave when you let go of the seat belt really quick and it snaps back and strikes the window... Obviously this is completely the customers doing, and he knew he had voided his warranty on those roll-ups. But the boss said the shop was slow and we had nothing to do so lets just be nice this one time and replace it. I did. This time he did not roll it down to feel the edge. :nope at least not in front of me.. I politely told him that was a one-time deal and would not do it again. He left.

Guess who calls about 3 days after saying "the pas side window had a "parabola-looking" bubble". We politely explained everything to him again and he hung up saying he would talk to his lawyer about it. :spit:lol2 God I really hate this guy.

Archived