A little advice needed

Guest LilTintGuru

One of the most common mistakes I made when I first started was concentrating too much on one area. Especially on the more curved glasses like the cavaliers. (Just did one Tues...They suck hahaha) just remember to watch what the film does. Be sure to get all the bigger fingers out first then go back for the smaller ones that form and repeat. That will help out with relieving some of the stress on the film. The more stress the more problems.

I strongly suggest you learn to dry shrink. I used do the soap method and it would take me 45-an hour to shrink and had nothing but problems with more curved windows. Now it takes me 10 mins even on more difficult windows with dry shrinking. Now after I dry shrink I wet the window, re anchor, smooth and shrink any extra little fingers that pop up. This just makes it easier on me cuz there's virtually no fingers after installation. Which means I can get out of the car quicker. And when your body's messed up like mine you take all the help you can get! Good luck and I hope you can make it work for you brotha!

Try and work the whole glass side to side. Get a rhythm going with your gun movement. If you have to focus on an area use your motion to focus but not constantly. I don't know how to explain it but sometimes to get rid of a problem spot you can shrink next to it to get back on track. I can do backglasses that are supposedly much more difficult, but for some stupid reason I've always had issues with Cavaliers, Grand Ams and older Grand Prixs over the dots on the top half, it's just a mental thing, but I hate them.

You're gonna ruin some film, try different patterns and methods of shrinking. It really is cheap education :twocents

Guest LilTintGuru
Try and work the whole glass side to side. Get a rhythm going with your gun movement. If you have to focus on an area use your motion to focus but not constantly. I don't know how to explain it but sometimes to get rid of a problem spot you can shrink next to it to get back on track. I can do backglasses that are supposedly much more difficult, but for some stupid reason I've always had issues with Cavaliers, Grand Ams and older Grand Prixs over the dots on the top half, it's just a mental thing, but I hate them.

You're gonna ruin some film, try different patterns and methods of shrinking. It really is cheap education :shock

You def explained that better then me!

Archived