How many of you double cut your patterns?

I started out single cutting then went to double. Dark films I will single cut and light films I will double cut if I have too. I just hit plot and they magically appear on my plotter with perfect corners.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest maddtinter
I started out single cutting then went to double. Dark films I will single cut and light films I will double cut if I have too. I just hit plot and they magically appear on my plotter with perfect corners.

Hand cut .Only double cut 1/4's.Never DBL cut rollups,BG,WS

Guest tintpro2007

Double cut everything that isn't frameless, except windshields, back glasses, and 1/4's. Double cut most frameless as well, but some I don't because I know the glass shape varies slightly from driver to passenger side. Example: Chevy cavaliers, aren't the same shaped windows, i've learned which ones are fine, and which ones aren't.

Another Question: Which side of the car do you tend to cut on the most if you double cut? I cut on passenger side 95% of the time

Double cut everything that isn't frameless, except windshields, back glasses, and 1/4's. Double cut most frameless as well, but some I don't because I know the glass shape varies slightly from driver to passenger side. Example: Chevy cavaliers, aren't the same shaped windows, i've learned which ones are fine, and which ones aren't.

Another Question: Which side of the car do you tend to cut on the most if you double cut? I cut on passenger side 95% of the time

Driver's side

If it is a car, i usually cut patterns on the pass side.trucks or taller vehicles i usually cut on the driver... wierd, but its a pet peeve of mine when i do double cut. I am double cutting more and more vehicles as i get more experience.

Archived