How many of you double cut your patterns?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It seems like everytime I try to double cut I screw the tint up and have to throw it away. Or it takes me longer because I'm worried I'm going to screw it up. So I just do the single cut.

Rookie. :spit:lol2

BTW....liking the avy. :lol2

Thanks about the avatar part, not so much about the rookie thing. :beer

Guest KEDman

Definately double cut, why would you not. There's no way you can single cut just as fast. And I don't quite understand all you saying you double cut everything but the back glass, why would you double cut a back glass anyways, theres only one.

Oh and mainly cut on the passenger side, but thats because thats the side my tint and table are on. I really don't have a preference.

I tried the double cut again today, and once again screwed up 2 pieces of tint. Not doing the double cut anymore I can do it just as fast single cut and I waste alot less tint.

I too tried double cutting in the begining, but like you said, you end up wasting film and taking longer b/c you don't want to mess up. I remember my heart beating really fast when i was nervous with dbl cutting. :thumb

I would just stick to single cutting for now and once you are never messing up single and get familiar with more vehilces, you'll start dbl cutting naturally.

edit: spelling

I normally double cut all roll up window"s and bordered window's. gasketed quarter's I will cut single to get a slightly tighter cut, and also gasketed window's tend to varry even from side to side.

While it may not be for a true beginner. Someone use to working with window film can certainly shve a good 15 min's off a 4dr car.

Also I do mine on the driver's side because you can normally control both rollup's with the master switch on the driver's door. :thumb

I normally double cut all roll up window"s and bordered window's. gasketed quarter's I will cut single to get a slightly tighter cut, and also gasketed window's tend to varry even from side to side.

While it may not be for a true beginner. Someone use to working with window film can certainly shve a good 15 min's off a 4dr car.

Also I do mine on the driver's side because you can normally control both rollup's with the master switch on the driver's door. :beer

Forgot about that, but that's what I do too. Plus I'm right handed, and I like the driver's side because I like to start my top cut on the 'high' end of the window. Then it's perfect all the way down from the back end near the gasket in the line of sight.

Archived