should we work on Saturday or Monday....

We have been doing 6 days a week for pratically 6 years now and I am thinking I am getting a bit wore out and I need more time to go take care of home stuff...hubs and I work together so Sundays end up being the only day we can go grocery shopping, mow the lawn, etc. and I would love to actually have a day to just hang out...so I am wondering 1. How many of you work 6 days a week? 2. If you do work 6 days a week, is it just for the busy season? 3. Is it better to be closed on Mondays or Saturdays?

just looking for some opinions...moar coffee!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I only do Saturday appointments now if they do a deposit, otherwise I was finding they used to irritate me.

Having Mondays off is nice in a way since everything else is open, so you can get things done you might not be able to on the weekend with your time off.

I'm only referring to tint appointments though, I don't know what you deal with otherwise in terms of customer expectations etc

Guest ptownstint

i work both i was thinkin about taking off mondays but then when i think im gonna do it mon ends up getting completely booked and i hate turning down any jobs when theres 5 tint shops within a 10 mile radius of me

We work 5.5 days. Close by 1pm on Saturdays! It gives us Saturday afternoon and all day Sunday! And by limiting Saturday to 1pm we rarely have no shows and if we do I almost always have a waiting list so someone will run up here and be thrilled to get their car tinted!

6 days. i tried to get everybody to work wed-mon but it wasnt happening. i want to have the shops open 7 days a week but getting the rotation of all our workers wasnt making it ez for me. during summer we open sundays but only for appointments and only cars that go premium upgrade

Guest oasisglatint

We also close at 1 on Saturdays. Half day only..... and we rotate Saturdays thru the slow season. Starting in May we work every Saturdays thru summer.

:thumb

Archived