omg soooo tired of taking off old tint

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

for sure. :thumb

When i worked at the upholstery shop for awhile. The owner had the badest dam steamer I've ever seen. We used it to expand of seat foam's that had gotten flat over the years.

He let me try it on a BG one time, and it honestly blew the film right off the window. I was scared to use it because of how hot it would make the glass in a very short burst. But it was fun to use on foam. You could jab it into a piece of foam pull the trigger and watch it grow like a mushroom. :lol2

http://www.goodmans.net/i/1637/jiffy-steam...d-auto-trim.htm

something like that TD?

We have to get something tho, because we have lost 3 other tint shops in the area, and they all did hack work...also we have a couple that have taken Stan's class and are starting up tinting additions to their businesses around here...damn you Stan! :thumb so expecting more and more removals this year...one good thing about the crap tint that is coming in...purple is the least of the problems with this tint, I am not even sure how the lady drove her truck here earlier in the week it was so cloudy and bubbled. So ppl have no choice really on getting it removed :lol2

Guest Pacific Islander

fogot what it was called but we had one of those 2,000.00 pressurized steamers...the Jiffy can't touch it relative to performance and time to remove. BUT...BUT...BUT after buying a couple of those, we downgraded to the jiffy only to save more cash than time. It worked out!

And our competition down the street is charging ninety-nine dollar complete tint job WITH FREE removal...OUCH, what we are doing, we're charging MORE so he do get them all and not have time to do regular installs.

We are busy as heck now :thumb! making more! I wonder if they even realize the math?

Guest filmslayer
...we have done 2 removes average for the last 3 weeks

thats nothing , you should it down here ...

Well we do other stuff here, tint is like 30% of what we do weekly, so that is a lot of removals for us... ;)

was just saying FL is a film graveyard ... worst part of my job !!!

Archived