Best EWF tint to match 06 Explorer rear windows

Guest Crackz
I think I'm gonna try the NR Classic Charcoal 1.2 20% for my explorer and NR Classic Charcoal 1.2 5% for my mustang. Any problems with shrinking this tint?

I just hope that this tint will look black and not greyish.

no shrinks easy it has a brown hue like qdp and suntek standard the true smoke has a greenish hue like carbon and and supreme

Guest toeknee22

i always thought the true black 35% was a closer match to factory? the only reason it looked lighter from the side was due to the amount of light allowed through the windshield. hmmm, ive had no complaints here in the midwest. guess i will stick with it. hey howard ive been using your true black for awhile now, why do you offer a lifetime warranty on this film when some of the guys on here are saying this film will fade? i have talk to you on the phone a couple times, great customer service! thanks again, Tony

i always thought the true black 35% was a closer match to factory? the only reason it looked lighter from the side was due to the amount of light allowed through the windshield. hmmm, ive had no complaints here in the midwest. guess i will stick with it. hey howard ive been using your true black for awhile now, why do you offer a lifetime warranty on this film when some of the guys on here are saying this film will fade? i have talk to you on the phone a couple times, great customer service! thanks again, Tony

Hi NextLevel !!!

We do hear from customers on a regular basis that the TB is a very good match for factory on many vehicles. That being said, I don't think that any single manufacturer or product line has a "lock" on that characteristic. Some feel brand "X" matches better on car "L" and so forth.

On that warranty coverage, I trust that each roll you receive does have the warranty cards in each box which details the coverage. TB is a lifetime film, but only EWF's traditional dip-dyed films (Classic Series) and Global carry the Color Stable Coverage. The cost per vehicle to upgrade to a CS film is quite small. If you want to call me, we can go over the math and see if it will work on your end.

We have dealers that use nothing but CS, nothing but non-CS and a combination of both for decades. Our philosophy is to present you with a wide range of choices and technical guidance to help you make a educated guess. We don't have all the answers, but we do have all the choices.

I could write 5,000 words on this but generally speaking:

Non CS Films:

Coated Films - Tend to gain VLT, but hold their color well.

Chip Dyed Extruded Films - Tend to hold their VLT, but undergo a color shift

CS Films:

Dip Dyed Polyester (Such as Llumar, Global, etc...)

These are the "Gold Standard" and are backed by full CS warranties

The first versions of TB were Chip Dyed Extruded and were more vulnerable to color shift. To rectify the situation, the more recent versions incorporated some of the color within the laminating adhesive (like Coated Films) which brought about a significant improvement in the color longevity. Still, dip-dyed films will always be king.

TB remains a huge volume product for EWF and most of the orders ship out to repeat customers. The color/price/performance metrics on this product are working well for a significant number of our customers.

Thanks for the kind words and as always, I would be happy to discuss this in detail with you on the phone.

-Howard

Archived