Anybody deal with road wrap?

Guest texasPPF
I'm doing a bunch of track days this year and wouldn't mind taking a roll to the track with me to try to sell. Anybody have experience with this or deal with them? How does it install?

http://www.buyroadwrap.com/

I've had clients bring in cars they had taken to the track and had a "Disposable Wrap" on the car (Don't know if it was this brand). But, the install wasn't pretty, just there to protect. And, though I'm just getting going on the PPF side of biz, my detail clients who track their cars most often have a prof. install on the car. I think, IMO, this disposable stuff might be great for those taking a road trip or someone planning a track day once in a while. Also, any rally may be a good place to offer up an install (Gumball, 3k, etc.)

Guest Invisibra.net

If a corner is loose & flaps in the wind, it will damage the paint. Seen it happen. Make very sure it is stuck down and does not get loose!

Otherwise, it seems to work ok.

Maybe I'll pass on this. I've put actual PPF on a couple 1 Lap of America cars and they both ponied up the money to do a full clip. I also had the idea of selling it to dealers for dealer trades but quickly realized they'd most likely be too cheap to spend money on it. During the winter I did 2 cars that were driven down the thruway on a trade and each had about 5 good sized chips from salt....of course I was told just to put the film over it.

Archived