Vw beetle

Guest Pink1

Guest Pink1
Are you sure your shrinking to the "factory edge" of the film?

I wasnt doing this,, i didnt think it made any difference, obv it does il try again and c how it goes,, thanks

When you get to the back window. If I was you, I would cut it really big all the way around(dry shrink btw) Do the lift and pull. With that film you should be able to get away with it. It takes alot of heat and commitment to do that back glass in one piece. It may take a few tries but it is doable. I did one the other day and when doing the lift and pull it goes super easy for most of the shrink. The last few inches can be a little tough, just keep at it

Guest Pink1

Ok had a go at it there the took me a while, the two bottom corners nearest the brake lights didnt work out but the rest of it was ok, i think, i just used one anchor line straight across should i have used the H?

Guest shadeking

These cars suck, its like tinting a fish bowl.

Lift and pull is the way to go. But no matter what, these cars require more work and I always bump up the price, let em know up front that its extra labor = extra $$$$

Just did one is llumar air 80 blue back window too. It was my first one and I have to say not as hard as I thought it was going to be. I just tacked it in the middle made sure to pull it tight side to side while I tacked. I left plenty of material on the edges so I could pull and shrink. Then just let my gun get hot and took it inch by inch. It took me two tries I overshrunk the bottom middle too much the first time. Second one was butter one piece looked great.

Archived