Wheeler dealers

Guest Malcolm E Boo
they guy must have been doing it deliberately, so anyone watching couldn't pic up any diy tips, door open, jumper on, peel board a bus ride away from the car, surely no pro tinters make this many mistakes on 1 window?????

wasn't tinted in Glasgow was it??????

:lol2

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
they guy must have been doing it deliberately, so anyone watching couldn't pic up any diy tips, door open, jumper on, peel board a bus ride away from the car, surely no pro tinters make this many mistakes on 1 window?????

Who's a cheeky boy then? :coffee

Guest tint325i

Who's a cheeky boy then? :rollin

lol, that was a dig at one of your fellow tinters bob, you know the guy, wears a stetson, rides a horse, goes by the name of Mr.........

Guest roachman

Hi fellow tinters,

I have been a member for some time but I do not generally bother to post on this site, I thought that I should however reply to this thread as it is about me!!. . I am not sensitive so I can see that most of the comments are innocent opinions and there is no malice in them you are just having a laugh.

I really do not understand the negative comments about myself or Wheeler Dealer programme as what was filmed was not meant to be a documentary “how to tint a car by the god of tints” and would raise the following comments.

1. If you look at the points that Wheeler dealer are trying to put across on the programme you would see that they were Pro-Window Tinting, (it improves salability, helps to maintain residuals and gives a more distinct/modern look). I can only see positives to these comments?

2. I tried to ensure that not too many of our trade secrets were given away on the programme.

3. The price given and represented on the programme was a price that most of us should be happy to work with. I am VAT registered so it was £235+VAT@17.5% (£276.25) B-Pillar back to be specific.

4. Since the programme I personally have had a few used car dealers getting 4x4 tinted to help sell them, so why not try to capitalise on this and speak positively of the programme.

5. People will also understand that to achieve the best results that all work should be carried out from a well lit/equipped workshop. (Sorry to any mobile tinters no offence meant!).

I enjoyed working with Mike Brewer and his crew, but I did have to make some compromises to accommodate filming.

I think if you guys knew me you would know that I am passionate about our/my trade and I would rather act as an ambassador than someone looking to destroy us. Tint325 seems to think that he is observant?? With all the cutting comments, did he notice……..

1. The camera crew was actually shooting from the outside of my shutter door, which of course would be closed normally.

2. On occasion I was cutting with my left hand, but used my right hand to complete other tasks!! This was to make room for Mike who was standing so close that there was no room to use my right!!.

3 My peel board is situated approx 3 strides away from the back end of any car that I am tinting; on this occasion it may have been 4! This would again have been to accommodate the film crew. It all appears a lot different on camera, angles and distances.

4. The programme was filmed last year during the colder months, not the day before it went on the TV so with the shutter up so it was necessary to have my jumper on. I must admit I found this a strange comment as I have been tinting/wearing a jumper for the past 16yrs and do not understand why I would infect the install if I handle the film correctly!! I would also add that I do not need to shave my head wax my arms or when tinting during the summer wax my chest!!. If you need more reason for the jumper, I had to wear a plain one as I had my logo on my T-shirt below which was not allowed as this would be out of context advertising and I was not paying for it.

5.As I had no mention of my name or credits at the end of the programme you can rest assured I was paid for the job, as it took nearly six hours of filming I think they got a bargain at £275!!. I will add since being on the programme it has been nothing but a positive experience except for the comments made by a certain individual on this site, maybe he could consider change his handle to MR MELDREW!! And chill out a little.

I have no axe to grind with anyone on this site and probably do not know any of you, I do however know tinters from all over and have never had any problems with any of them, and I would hope that we have something in common if we remove the testosterone from the situation!

Sorry to all of you not involved that it has taken 2 pages to defend myself!!!

I wish all of you the best and keep up the quality tinting, good prices, respect for our trade and each other

Guest Bladez

Thought you'd show up here at some point! I say fair play to you for having the balls to be filmed whilst tinting for tv. I'm sure anyone of us on here would get slated in one way or another for the particular way that we tint... I'm willing to watch more videos if any one wishes to upload their own and take some sh1t :money

Archived