1000 sqft in one day by 5pm

Is it possible for 1 guy to do 1000 sqft in a day  

42 members have voted

1. 1. The senereo; 1000 sqft all windows are about 37"x 92" but some are 45" wide plus 3 doors with mail slots, job has mini blinds to be removed and replaced

• I do it all the time
    • I can but its a long Day
    • haha my mom could do that
    • I can do it with a helper
    • Maybe when I was younger...
    • I pay someone else to do it
    • no I cant do that

I tick a few boxes on this 1.

I could do it in a day.

I would when I was younger.

Now i'm older and wise my attitude has changed. I take my time do a nice job every time not a quick job. 1000sf is more than budget for me, I'd take 2 days and make it look awesome.

I've been doing this way to long to rush and bust my balls and maybe make mistakes. I hate being called back, it hurts my pride.

I could not agree more. There was a time I could do it . But now, it's more about quality than quantity. I'm amazed I got away with some of the crap I put up years ago.

I get what your saying, but I guess I should have been clear in the senereo, that the job has to be #1 quality, and not a slap and stick. no shortcuts no re-dos.

It is possible to do this in one day and make it look awesome.

as Tinitman said;

If your cleaning system and mounting technique is where it needs to be, you can do this every day.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Breezy

I could do it in a day.

Now i'm older and wise my attitude has changed. I take my time do a nice job every time not a quick job. 1000sf is more than budget for me, I'd take 2 days and make it look awesome.

I've been doing this way to long to rush and bust my balls and maybe make mistakes. I hate being called back, it hurts my pride.

I could not agree more. There was a time I could do it . But now, it's more about quality than quantity. I'm amazed I got away with some of the crap I put up years ago.

I get what your saying, but I guess I should have been clear in the senereo, that the job has to be #1 quality, and not a slap and stick. no shortcuts no re-dos.

as Tinitman said;

If your cleaning system and mounting technique is where it needs to be, you can do this every day.

I get what your saying too... I could do it right in a day without being all rip bust and tear and doing a crap job.

I just prefer to take my time these days.

I used to be the hare now i'm the tortoise :dunno

I agree with tintman if your prep routine is on the money the film should fall on.

Has the cost per sqft came into consideration with anyone else?

I'd rather sell a higher end project and do less film and make more on it. I know this can't always be done, just the only subject here is sq footage and the subject of price and margins hasn't came up yet.

Just because you may be using a film that is more expensive film to buy does not always mean you are going to make more on the labor end of the deal. It does however mean the distributor gets a premium.

Where in my post does it say that?

Guest VOLTRON

It can be done in one day no problem, although I would rather have a helper to take down and put up blinds infront of me and clean up behind me so all I have to do is install film. The most I have installed in one day is 1800sq in a day but it was an 11 hour day and I didnt want to work for the rest of the week, although I did. Some people forget that it is easier for 2-3 people to do 1000sq a day then it is 1 person. 3 people can do more the 3 times the work as 1 person.

I could do it in a day.

as Tinitman said;

I get what your saying too... I could do it right in a day without being all rip bust and tear and doing a crap job.

I just prefer to take my time these days.

I used to be the hare now i'm the tortoise :lol2

I agree with tintman if your prep routine is on the money the film should fall on.

Your prep routine can be greatly affected by the type of window you're dealing with. Sometimes I can spend more time on prep then I do on the install. painted wood frames, wet sealed windows, steel casement, anything really old. It seems a lot of the " sight unseen" jobs I do has one of these types of window. I hate it when I drive up to what seems like it should be a quick and easy job, and turns out to be a bitch. I take it all in stride these days, though. take my time, and do it right.

Guest VOLTRON

Sounds crazy but I like installing 8mil, its a challange and you get a nice workout doing it too. Plus the pay is usually pretty good which is always nice.

Archived