1000 sqft in one day by 5pm

Is it possible for 1 guy to do 1000 sqft in a day  

42 members have voted

1. 1. The senereo; 1000 sqft all windows are about 37"x 92" but some are 45" wide plus 3 doors with mail slots, job has mini blinds to be removed and replaced

• I do it all the time
    • I can but its a long Day
    • haha my mom could do that
    • I can do it with a helper
    • Maybe when I was younger...
    • I pay someone else to do it
    • no I cant do that

Has the cost per sqft came into consideration with anyone else?

I'd rather sell a higher end project and do less film and make more on it. I know this can't always be done, just the only subject here is sq footage and the subject of price and margins hasn't came up yet.

Just because you may be using a film that is more expensive film to buy does not always mean you are going to make more on the labor end of the deal. It does however mean the distributor gets a premium.

Where in my post does it say that?

My bad, I thought you said product not project.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did on slightly smaller than that in a day. It was right on the ocean, and the storefront had sagged , causing small gaps in the windows. Every pane was off square. And to ad insult to injury, the damn mini blind hardware had corroded , so when I took them down, a 1/4" drive would hardly fit em, and the screws would break in half inside the aluminum framing. I started at 8:00, and finished at 7 . Hell of a job.

40 some windows - 45 mins. to cut 3 rolls of film- (backrolled) 7 to 8 mins per window - 6 + or - hrs. "near" perfect install... totally doable. My shoulders sure hurt when I'm done though.

All you "experienced" tinters know what I'm talkin about.

Archived