BMW owners

Guest Malcolm E Boo
%&$#, my BMW will put it on quite a number of Ferraris.

I have nothing against BMWs I have owned and driven plenty.

But your statement is nonsense.

I have nothing against BMWs I have owned and driven plenty.

But your statement is nonsense.

335is with a tune, should be good for mid-teens mph in the 1/4 mile and mid 12 sec e/t. That should be plenty to get up on a 550 360 or anything prior save for maybe the f40/f50.

So your car is tuned and you are comaparing it to a standard (but superior engined) car?

define superior engine? I would say my neon has a superior engine to both of them. How many cars can live 100,000mi. making more than double their factory rated horsepower with nothing more than regular oil changes?

Is the Ferrari engine superior? How many tune-ups, repairs etc. does it need to maintain it's level of performance?

A simple plug in to the BMW's ecu and the car makes a reliable extra 80hp at the wheels putting it to just about 400hp/400tq to the ground. More tq and a much fatter powerband than a v8 Ferrari in a car that will make 100k miles easy just like it is? To add to that, what does it cost to pick up say 80 hp on a 450 crank hp ferrari? $15-30k?

Again I say, define a "superior" engine? The s54 BMW engine will make 800whp all day long with a set of turbos, the ferrari need a complete rebuild to even try. Forced induction car will always be superior.

Guest Malcolm E Boo

Standard V tuned is what I am saying.

You have had to do work to get you car to the level that the Ferrari had as it left the factory.

If you compared your standard car against a standard ferrari then it would be fair.

Superior as in power output.

I absolutely love Bimmers. Shame some people ruin them. Most of those people really shouldn't even be allowed to own one :D

I hope next year I can pay cash for a last generation M3, will be a treat for working hard.

I guess all the wieners going for them is the price you pay for being a consistently great vehicle.

I love cruising up beside them in the Ferrari and really intimidate them with a class act that says it all....wantabees if they couldabees and they're the same with tint. :D

Devil

Wow two GTI references in the same day :lol2

Where is Raphy to show all you guys up :lol6

Archived