The thiner film the better? the thicker film the better?

Hello guys. i have been practicing and now i got it i learned to do window tinting with 3m automotive film now that i went to a shop to test me as a tinter i got a 2007 lexus is250 so the point is that i did the backglass very well then i did the 2 rear roll ups then the quarters at that point everything went good! it looked so clean then the f***ing frustrating part is that i could not get the work done on the f***ing 2 front roll ups i feel so f***ing frustrated cos in my 3 months as a tinter (lol) never experienced that.... this happened:

I did my cuts clean then when heat shrinking i kept creasing the f***ing f****r film i tried like 7 times and i couldnt do it i feel so terrible never ever experienced that.. it was the first time that i could not get done a roll up window.

So the point is that this film was so different from the film i used to learn. i noticed that this film was A LOT MORE THICKER than the 3m i dont know how i couldnt manage to heat shrink a roll up with this film probably it is because it was my first time trying to heat shrink a thicker auto film but idk in general probably it is because i have been tinting for like 3 months

Please give me your opinion about what i've written above and also I would like to know which film is better?? thicker or the thiner? which one is easier to heat shrink?

how about brand??? 3M or jhonson auto film???

Guest Crackz
thicker the better for me. I can hardly stand to use anything thinner then 1.5 mil :beer

:thumb

hey darkside ...

looking to update my logo change it a bit any ideas i know you play with that stuff ???

Love to work with 1.5 mil. I'm always afraid of creasing 1.0 mil when transferring it into the car. I feel it's infester shrink though.

Benefits to both styles.

I like to take the attitude I'll make any film work, they are all different and its the tinters job to adjust his or her methods for the desired end result. That being said, when you are cranking out cars you want to pick something that fits your needs best.

Guest Crackz
Love to work with 1.5 mil. I'm always afraid of creasing 1.0 mil when transferring it into the car. I feel it's infester shrink though.

Benefits to both styles.

I like to take the attitude I'll make any film work, they are all different and its the tinters job to adjust his or her methods for the desired end result. That being said, when you are cranking out cars you want to pick something that fits your needs best.

well said :dunno

I don't do cars, but as far as commercial films go, thicker is better. IMO. Easier to work with, reverse rolls better, less creasing, lays down on the glass better. Way less fingering. Last month put up 900 panels of Slate 20 (thick film). No problems. Love that film. On the other hand, Just put up a couple hundred square of DRDS 15 (thin film) Easy to crease, harded to RR. And peels off the glass from the bottom. What the hell. Llumar used to do that too. I don't know if it's because they are thin films, or the fact they are rolled with the liner out, which tends to make the fim curl out instead of in. Or crappy glue. Dry adhesives should be liner "in".

thinner film for me, faster heat shrinking and i can handle it better. i'm a professional hockey player too so it helps that i have soft hands :deadhorse i find the thicker film likes to roll onto itself a lot and i cant get it to fold over my hands like the thinner stuff would.

Archived