'92 Thunderbird

Guest CloudWalker

Guest vital

this car is hell! how the hell do you do this car even w/ 2 pieces?? I can't lay the bottom corners flat w/ one piece. when doing a 2 piece, which defroster line do you usually lay the seam at? I try the 4th line from the top, but the bottom corners still don't lay flat so I have to cut somewhere around the 1st or 2nd line from the bottom in order to lay the bottom corners flat, but the problem with that is I can't cut the seam line when I'm inside because it's too tight back there. any tips?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest TNtint

:devilangel

this car is hell! how the hell do you do this car even w/ 2 pieces??  I can't lay the bottom corners flat w/ one piece.  when doing a 2 piece, which defroster line do you usually lay the seam at? I try the 4th line from the top, but the bottom corners still don't lay flat so I have to cut somewhere around the 1st or 2nd line  from the bottom in order to lay the bottom corners flat, but the problem with that is I can't cut the seam line when I'm inside because it's too tight back there. any tips?

[*]288588

Hey I was just wondering. I am extremly new at this. The two piece windows I do, all of the cutting has been done on the outside of the glass. Then when I install the tint inside all I have to do is line up on the correct defroster line. Like I said I'm new at this ,but have had good luck with the back window laying down nicely and normaly you can't find the seam afterwards. I overlap whichever defroster line I am going to cut at from both pieces. Then put my light inside the back window and with a steady hand trace across the back defrost line cutting both pieces. Like I said works for me and to this point has looked really good.

Guest Gucci Olds

Yeah I tried doing one of these Thursday. $%#@ those cars. I got it all shrunk and in the car in one piece. by the time I got the corners to stick though the tint looked like @#$% plus I got tar all over the damn tint, my tools, myself, and the next car I tinted cause there was some sort of tar sealant around the window. :rollin Guy's coming back this week for me to do the back window since I didn't have time to mess with it again. Just going to do it in two piece and try to seam it at the bottom defrost line. And I thought a Beetle's back glass was bad...

Archived