'92 Thunderbird

Guest CloudWalker

Guest CloudWalker

I priced one today for $150 and the guy said "ok thanks" hung up. I called him back and said oh is that a two door? and he said I got another price already for $90!!

Does this car only take like 15 mins to tint or what? I've never done one but thats the only excuse I can come up with to justify $90 and thats a sh***y one at best.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest thetintshop

they aren't hard, but they're a pain the ass, like all fords. I charge $135 and people just about pass out, I'm considered "expensive". if the customer wants to get a $90 job, fug him. you probably don't want his business anyway. JMO

Guest thetintshop
Tbirds are very chalenging

really? I didn't think they were that bad. I've done a bunch of them and never really had much problems. not any harder than a mustang, to me anyway.

Guest FastBackJack

Hell yeah, screw $90. Thats insane. Obviously that dude is hurt'n for biz. TS is right, they arent hard, but for the amount of time they take up and the grief they cause, not to mention the mercilous melting urethane those damn things always come with, I wouldnt settle for anything less than $150. I get anywhere between $150 and $200, depending on my mood.

Guest russellnajera

I wish I could say the same but im still having trouble with the rear window iparticually on the left and right bottom sides

any advice would be really helpfull

:rollin

Guest Zrok

tell him you wanna see the 90 dollar tint job when he gets it done.....take pics so we can all get a good laugh :dunno

they're not as difficult as say a new 2 door stratus back glass, but they're 'tricky' in their own way...I usually 'hack' them together for 140, and for that they get a 2 piece (don't laugh too hard) OVERLAP seam down below the bottom defroster line, WITH THE BRAKE LIGTH CUT OUT.....LMFAO as I'm typing this.....I charge that much, they get that substandard a job 'cuz I've never seen one in decent enough shape to really care. and the customer is happy to pay that much and get that job. so it works for me. :beer

p.s. don't use me as a role model for anything LMFAO

Archived