Brother's 350z rear window went CLEAR

Do you have a before picture? It still looks tinted to me.

Something like a 35 or 40%

I dont, but when it was first tinted it was 15%-20%. Now it looks almost like a 45% or 50%. The shop used Suntek, not sure which model. When i first started to tint, right after i got back from Stan's six days training, i ordered QDP and Andrew at EWF sent me a sample of TRUE Black. I installed the true black on my fathers 94 Camry. It still look's the same as when i installed it and his car is always outside. I know that's couple months shy of the Suntek film but its holding up so far on the Camry.

Gonna R&R his car with QDP 20% rear, and 40% front and post pic's.

yeah thats suntek standard or standard HP for sure. Wait another year or so and the hard coat will fail too. Thats the reason I no longer use their film. Also because it scratches so dam easy. Sad part is that that same film 7 or 8 years ago was made much better and lasted about 6 years instead of 3 maybe. :lock

yeah thats suntek standard or standard HP for sure.

and how do you know that for sure?

when you use enough crap you learn what it looks and smells like. :twocents

I used suntek only for about 7 or 8 years. I am well quailfied to make that call.

I dont know if I would be admitting I use crap film.. :spit

Isn't it all crap??? :dunno

alot of film failure has to do with what direction the car faces most of the time. BG s tend to fail first because they are on more of an angle then side windows. This means a BG takes a more of a direct hit from the sun. Should the BG of your car be parked somewhere that would have the BG facing south it will fail even quicker. I have seen cars that one side of the car barly looked faded and the other side was completely toast. I can say without a dought that the toasted was facing south the better part of the films life.

I have seen cars that one side of the car barly looked faded and the other side was completely toast.

Hi CTC,

Absolutely right.

As your post indicates, it's all about exposure, time, solar angle, etc. This is why weathering testers like our QUV are so important, because it exposes all the specimens evenly.

-Howard

Archived