RV I tinted this week

Guest oasisglatint
Dude, please either raise your prices or stop telling us its killing me! Thats $20 a window, a sedan would run $80 on that scale.

:spit

Yeah I try not to talk much about what we all get for auto pricing

But I have always felt that tint jobs you don't get in the shop everyday were a shot in the dark to price anyway. Things like Boats, RV's, and heavy equipment come with a totally different standard when it comes to pricing. More or less every tint job of this type is usually a one of a kind price in the first place.

I have known alot of guys to price these type of jobs way high because they don't want to do them. I personailly like a good challenge and price these type of jobs at what sounds to me like an affordable price. :thumb

I honestly think I made pretty good money on it. I removed some film off of 4 of the front windows. I ended up with just under 6 hours in it from start to finish. You guys know what film costs do the math. Then compare it to what you make doing a car or even doing flat glass. :dunno

But I guess I just won't post any form of a dollar figure for my jobs. I hate seeing you guys get all bent out of shape. Although I do thank you guys for thinking I should be getting more for my work instead of less. :beer

Some might think short changing yourself one job here or there really won't matter. You'll earn referrals, good will, maybe a warm fuzzy feeling inside and an occasional $20 tip.

I don't know how many vehicles a month are done but imagine a solid one man operation can do say four cars a day five days a week (I believe this to be slightly conservative since most work six days a week).

Say you are under priced, or not upselling to a higher end film and you are losing out on say $20-50 a car (again, a conservative number).

Lets do the math...

20 cars a week, 80 cars a month, 960 cars a year.

960 x 20 = $19,200

Or say you upsold 25% of these clients

720 x 20 = $14,400

240 x 50 = $12,000

Total = $26,400 (obviously less the additional cost of materials)

Its easy to let $20 slide here and there and think nothing of it, do the math on an annual scale and you'll wish you were wearing some depends when you see the number.

Guest scottydosnntkno

you booked a whole day (more or less, couldn't really schedule any other jobs until you knew when you'd be done with the RV) for 5 bills? I billed out 4.5 in just under two hours this morning.

i'd be at least double on that RV

Archived