composite window frames

Never before had this problem. Million dollar plus house not even lived in yet, we get the skylights done first (no problem) then moved to the rest. The paint on the trim is tacky, acts like it hasn't cured yet. Have to razor cut the edges, otherwise the paint coming off the glass wants to take some paint off the trim. Don't know for sure, but I'm thinking not professionally painted. Anyway, after a few windows, we head back to town because I'm not messing up the paint in a brand new monster house. Talked to the owner and was told that the painting had been completed 5-6 weeks ago. Call a friend who's in the paint business and he tips me off that composite trim, if not primed correctly, and painted with a latex paint, is subject to the paint coming off very easily. So the skylights were wood frames as were the french doors we got done. No problems with the wood frames. I got 5k worth of windows to still get done and I'm thinking it may not be worth it. Anybody had this issue? I'm thinking I can get it done, it will just take longer than I planned and I will have to get the owner to understand that there may be some touch up needed that we can't be responsible for.

Archived