I am thinking of sending out a winter mailer here in November. My thoughts are based on emphasizing Low-E film and winter heat retention. I am also considering offering some type of window sealing along with it.

Any thoughts? Has anyone tried ANY type of mailer during cooler months? If so, what type of return did you get?

I am also thinking of using "Every Door Direct Mail" from USPS where they will hit every door on a given carrier route for this mailer. Any thoughts on this versus door hangers or ads on pizza boxes?

Just looking for some input. If I could get a 1%-2% response rate I would be very happy!

Tim

Guest spfwindowtinting

I am to currently preparing a Winter Mailer. Mine is more focused towards UV protection and clear films. Low E film aside from the enerlogic that llumar offers can be a bit of stretch in my opinion. We try to hit UV, Fade, & Southern Sun due to rotation. I also do not pay for direct mail service. I now ride individual neighborhoods and collect address for the neighbor hoods I want. It does not take as much time as you think. Collect address enter into excel print labels and mark by date so you can repeat. Cuts cost in half and allows you to target your market not just send out thousands of mailers to who knows who. Just things I do and have learned.

Robert Sullivan

www.spfwindowtinting.com.

I am to currently preparing a Winter Mailer. Mine is more focused towards UV protection and clear films. Low E film aside from the enerlogic that llumar offers can be a bit of stretch in my opinion. We try to hit UV, Fade, & Southern Sun due to rotation. I also do not pay for direct mail service. I now ride individual neighborhoods and collect address for the neighbor hoods I want. It does not take as much time as you think. Collect address enter into excel print labels and mark by date so you can repeat. Cuts cost in half and allows you to target your market not just send out thousands of mailers to who knows who. Just things I do and have learned.

Robert Sullivan

www.spfwindowtinting.com.

So is this the first time you have done a winter mailer?

When you do mailers, what kind of response rate do you typically get?

Tim

Guest spfwindowtinting

This will be my first time to design a mailer around just the cold months. We have direct mailed in the winter but used previous stationary. With the method we use I do it all with the hope of achieving one out of each neighbor hood that I mail. And that almost always happens. Lower number of mail to a more concentrated area for a higher number of times is my strategy.

This will be my first time to design a mailer around just the cold months. We have direct mailed in the winter but used previous stationary. With the method we use I do it all with the hope of achieving one out of each neighbor hood that I mail. And that almost always happens. Lower number of mail to a more concentrated area for a higher number of times is my strategy.

What kind of response rate do you get? Better than 3%?

Tim

Good input here. I've been considering doing the same this year. Do you address your mailer to "Homeowner", or just put the address? I ask because I usually toss anything addressed like this. We have some nice residential brochures made up that we normally hand out to our auto customers and I'll probably include them in the mailer. Knowing most of them get tossed in the garbage kind of sucks, but I guess that's the way it goes.

Does anyone who does mailers send to their customer database?

Say shops that do auto and flat, do you send flat mailers to past auto customers and vice versa? Seems like they'd be a captive audience already aware of you, your great services and window film.

Archived