Handcutting PPF

Guest Invisibra.net

yea i was told by clearplex to expect some better products a few times too, never happened. were you working with that material bulk?

Yah, I was installing bulk, but making templates for eventual patterns. Do you (or anyone) know how to get a hold of the other company that is supposedly making windshield film that is easier to install? Their website is continuously under construction and no phone number...

the only number i have is (801) 571-8243 for clearplex. ive given up on them tho last couple times ive tried to get a hold of someone it was useless. its a shame because i actually was able to push it quite a bit but i have a hard time selling something i dont fully believe in. what is the other company?

Guest Invisibra.net

the only number i have is (801) 571-8243 for clearplex. ive given up on them tho last couple times ive tried to get a hold of someone it was useless. its a shame because i actually was able to push it quite a bit but i have a hard time selling something i dont fully believe in. what is the other company?

Here is the only real source of info that I seem to be able to find...

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/997-turbo-gt2/249751-2011-white-turbo-s-diamond-fusion-windshield-protection-film.html

Guest Invisibra.net

Be aware that these are two totally different things! It is very confusing that a film & a 'wax' are named almost identically.

The windshield 'wax' or pretty much a rain-x product makes me feel it is a hoax or scammy... They say they are changing the chemical bonding of the glass to make it stronger. They are basically selling a windshield insurance plan to car dealerships, that the customer pays for.

Notice the spelling... DIAMON fusion, not DiamonD Fusion...

I consider it fishy that we cannot seem to be able to get a phone number for this other windshield film.

i found this online

http://www.diamonfus...ve_Brochure.pdf

someone in a forum asked Premier if there were dealers in his area and they gave this email for the manufacturer. sales@prestige-films.com

im definitely going to look into this. thanks for the tip

Dianond Fusion film isnt too bad. I got some from the Rep and installed it on my daily driver. It lasted until I hit the car wash... in which thhe top coat immediately came off. Now I did hold the nozzle about 18 inches from the windshield... but I expected it to be a little more durable than that. Once the top coat is gone it is garbage and will scratch with a rag. My distributor say that the film is actually an anti-vandalism film which is not really made for vehicles. Its a good temporary film and would work well for garage queens that are hand washed everytime. But I would not seel it to anyone for a daily driver... especially where there are bugs. Its not easy to install and the warranty doesnt cover labor.

Dianond Fusion film isnt too bad. I got some from the Rep and installed it on my daily driver. It lasted until I hit the car wash... in which thhe top coat immediately came off. Now I did hold the nozzle about 18 inches from the windshield... but I expected it to be a little more durable than that. Once the top coat is gone it is garbage and will scratch with a rag. My distributor say that the film is actually an anti-vandalism film which is not really made for vehicles. Its a good temporary film and would work well for garage queens that are hand washed everytime. But I would not seel it to anyone for a daily driver... especially where there are bugs. Its not easy to install and the warranty doesnt cover labor.

Good to know, becoming a dealer for that stuff is like a 5k investment from what I hear. I know its popular on shower doors and glass to prevent hard water.

Yeah I was turned off by it. I also didnt care much for the lack of assitance from Premier when I had issues with the material since Premier evidently are "THE GUYS" to go to due to their experience with it. I assume the large up front deposit is to cover warranty claims over the years... plus there is a tremendous markup with the install to help cover the lack of durability. The other main isue I have with it is techinically it is illegal to install. If someone gets into a wreck they will come back after you for installing it. It may be a clear film but I did notice it has a slight distortion to it which does alter your vision... although slightly. But thats enough to get sued over in the lawsuit happy country.

Archived