2011 Audi A4

jpwindowfilms

easy car. i dont remember removing the brake light or covering anything up

Well if you dont take out the third brake light you would have to cut around it and you can not cover up the amps and there is a good chance you would be alright but there is a slim chance a drop of water could get in there and short the amp and cost you $700. Better to just spend a couple of seconds covering it up. Pull the headliner down around the third brake light, push the two pressure clips in on both sides and push towards the back of the car. It is tough but it will come out. Make sure you push both sides at same time or there's a chance you could crack the light. The inner seals come out out also but they are tough to get in and out. Pull the wood or carbon fiber paneling off to expose torx screw, I think it's a T-30. Remove torx pull top of panel back. Pull loose plastic molding on both sides of window to allow access to ends of seal.

didnt say i didnt remove it just saying i dont remeber removing it as in im not sure how to without the car in front of me. i never had any problems with water dripping and the last one i did i have to do a r&r so i used a lot of liquids on that back window. not saying one wont have this problem just because i didnt but just sayin.

Guest scottydosnntkno

i've done a few with pulling the light and a few without. I find the new (2012) ones the light doesn't come out the same way anymore, so I just cut around it. The plastic of the light is NOT flexible and looked like it was about to crack so I stopped pulling on it.

Also, on the new(2008?+) ones even the regular a4's have the amps in the back. In the previous years only the s4's had the amps, at least from what I can remember.

as for the panels, I find it easier to take the whole thing off. Pry off the plastic on top from the back of the door panel to the front, otherwise you'll break the hooks. Theres 4-5 torx depending on whether its a front or back door, one on the bottom of the door and two behind the plastic covering the pull handle that also pries off starting from the back. Then just pop off the panel. The gaskets are the type that have soft metal in them, so be careful pulling them off or else you'll bend them all up. I like to start from the middle of the gasket with a panel popper tool to spread out the force and just kinda pull up fast to pop it out.

Guest esttint

If the new 2012 has little changes, can someone tell about them more. Like the brake light. My next challenge would be the latest a4.

Archived