08 Altima Coupe BG help!

Guest l1ld3v1lrydr

Guest l1ld3v1lrydr

EFW TB. I used this film to do a beetle in one piece, first time ever even trying it and came out perfect. Now this almost flat glass and I can't get it!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need a video of you so we can help. Try tinting as normal again. Did you try working around in quadrants rotating corner to corner? I'd stick with a dryer sheet or ivory soap.

Guest l1ld3v1lrydr

Yea, I always go in quads. And move around if I feel like it's getting to hot. Are you suppose to start in the center for shrinking or the out along the edge?

Nothing i hate worse than trying to shrink cheap film :twocents Like everyone else says you need to leave some extra on the sides and start shrinking your corners first pulling some fingers into the extra on the sides and get the edges down flat before worrying about the middle, take your time shrinking it moilve around the car as to not heat the film up too much in one spot at a time. The cooler the film is the better it will shrink. I wouldnt leave alot of excess on top and bottom maybe just 2 inches over where your cut will be,leaving it too long just adds unneeded stress.

Guest l1ld3v1lrydr

So wait, your saying to heat the corner first and get them down, yet another poster said not to heat the corners at all because that's where my tension was coming from. Then another says to start in the middle and work my way out. Lol I'm so confused now!

I shrink with powder so i dont shrink a little then smooth it, i can look at the film and tell when its properly shrunk. It really all depends on how you go about shrinking. I dont normally start in the corners but if i have a glass where the corners are giving me grief then thats what i tackle first. Have you ever tried really good shrinking films like suntek,johnson, and llumar? If not i suggest you get some samples and see what you been missing..

Tinters do different things. They do what is best for them. I shrink from the horizontal line going side to side then incremental going up/down vertically. The corners aren't really a worry just work your way down.

Guest l1ld3v1lrydr

But when I was getting to the corners, it was putting stress on the tint and making it flip up. And the one sheet I did install, it wouldn't stick for %&$# to the dots in the upper corners. What would be causing that?

I don't usually have this problem. But this BG rolled in really hard on the sides.

Guest l1ld3v1lrydr

And thats basically how I shrink too. But this car didn't work out that easy. How come his film is laying down flat with out pressing it down but mine just gets the zig zaggy lines in it? Is that just a difference in the film?

Archived