08 Altima Coupe BG help!

Guest l1ld3v1lrydr

Guest l1ld3v1lrydr

Need some help with this car guys! I tried it twice now and I'm still not happy with it. Glass is almost flat looking but the sides curl in. And when I'm shrinking it, it looks like when you "snap" a side window. All 4 corners seemed to have tension on them, and on the driver side in the top along the dots, it didn't want to stick. So I tried my best at cutting a darker piece just for the dots. But I'm just not feeling it.

I tried anchoring a little higher the 2nd time around but that didn't seem to do much either. And I only anchored in the center since the sides go in towards the bottom. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest l1ld3v1lrydr

Lol I dry shrink every BG boss! And I'll have to dry this tomorrow. I figured it would put a lot of film in the middles to shrink. And that's usually how I anchor all my BG's, just along the side.

But I can understand the "don't heat the corners"... Obviously that's where my tension was coming from! haha. I tried the pull method to but that just seemed to make it worse. But I kinda understand now. Thanks buddy!

Guest l1ld3v1lrydr

You think I should still anchor the middle as well? Do you have to pull as you heat at all? And how far out should I heat til I stop heating in the corners? About where the glass starts to roll?

This one is similar to the Chevy Cobalt. I think the main problem with BGs with alot of side curve is that you can't keep shrinking the same "one" finger on the side. You need to keep dividing it, so your not shrinking the exact same area over and over.

This one is similar to the Chevy Cobalt. I think the main problem with BGs with alot of side curve is that you can't keep shrinking the same "one" finger on the side. You need to keep dividing it, so your not shrinking the exact same area over and over.

agreed. I do these every day and I would suggest start by cutting it big. Extra film is helpful on this. I use a plotter so there isn't much excess film to work with so I anchor and shrink normal. Keep splitting the corners until you are pretty satisfied with the shrink. You should have some side fingers. I just shrink those out a bit as well. You may not get it to lay down perfectly but after install you might have a couple fingers on each side, no problem

Guest l1ld3v1lrydr

I always cut my film extra big after laying it on the glass. And I kept pushing the fingers inward and dividing them up so I wouldn't shrink the same spot to much. But Like the other poster stated about not putting heat in the corners. I think that's my problem. I was shrinking the corners and it was putting to much tension on the film and it just wanted to lift off the glass.

Getting ready to go back out to try it again. Any other hints or tips I could try?

Maybe try triming the corners more square than round. Have you tried lifting when you get towards shrinking the end of the top section? I would leave it a couple inches long up top and 1 inch on sides and bottom. Also, start shrinking from the middle first on each pass.

Guest l1ld3v1lrydr

Here's where I'm at guys. Help me! Or did I already mess it up beyond repair??

The bottom I got pretty decent. Still not completely happy with it. But the top I'm suck on. I tried to keep the heat away from the corners, But didn't really have a choice. The pictures show after I dry shrank, then did a wet test, then cut along the sides and bottoms (I didn't shrink it like that)

IMG_7405.jpg

IMG_7401.jpg

IMG_7403.jpg

IMG_7398.jpg

Archived