Civic hatchback BG

Guest Glennsek

Guest Glennsek

I have tried 3 times now to tint this BG, on a 96 Honda civic hatchback. I'm no way near a pro only have done maybe 10 cars. This one is kicking my ass I'm having problems with corners to shrink them down. I look up the other 2 topic on this model BG, and tried that was said in them. I left the top and bottom long so I could tried to pull and shrink it but I can't seem to get it, I even tried during it on low heat.

Guest Glennsek

Horizontal anchor meaning just anchor at top and bottom going across the BG, also any thoughts about the corners what techniques are you guys using if you don't mind me asking?

There easy once you know how, From memory rear corners hardest, Lower your wet line so less shrink on bottom of glass, And leave enough at top in case you cook it on bottom of glass, Crappy film normally hardest as wont shrink enough, If you were using suntek or Global it would be a breeze :thumb

Horizontal anchor meaning just anchor at top and bottom going across the BG, also any thoughts about the corners what techniques are you guys using if you don't mind me asking?

use a good film to start with, that shrinks well, move your fingers away from bottom corners inwards, & keep working & heat splitting them. theres allot harder windows than these out there, good luck

Guest matt5983

Agree with moving the anchor about and a good quality film.

another one i use is hold the heat gun in my right hand, then with your left hand slide it from the anchor to whatever corner your shrinking so that piece is tight and flat against the glass and it will move the excess into the middle so you can shrink it

Archived