Benz Quarter Windows

Benz Quarter Windows

By: TINTZEUS

There is a plastic trim piece on the inside of the door that runs along side the quarter glass. At the bottom of this trim piece , pull on it, to pop it out. NOT OFF, but pop it out . It clicks right back on and this allows that ugly black piece of rubber trim to come away from the glass just enough to get the tint in there and a thin tool to push it down. It adds another 5 minutes to the job. I think it makes for a cleaner, more uniform tint job, plus other tinters in town will be amazed.

benz-1.jpg

benz-2.jpg

benz-3.jpg

Johnnytint:

If you cut 'V' channel 1/16" the tint slips in real easy, a conquer ( plastic end not rubber end) will remove 90% of the water, then the rest will dry. No need for tools.

TINTZEUS:

Cool , that your tintin benz quarter windows like that, however, I never cut rubber out of a new benz. An old benz, sure. Some hoopty ride? Oh yea, but not on a 2007, 100,000 dollar ride! I dont need any tools to do this. By doing it this way i can get 100% of the water out.

tintdawg:

I use my 'red dot' (olfa) blade all the way out, and blade it that way. Then flush out, slide the tint in and use a 'red devil' to get the water out.

protint:

I use a credit card cut in half from the top right corner to the bottom left corner making a long triangle shape to get the water out of the corner. I also have one of those tools in the picture that I will be trying next time.

Click here to view the article

Archived