Vinyl Graphics and Pinstriping

Vinyl Graphics and Pinstriping<br />

<br />

This week's tip: <br />

<br />

Two years ago while I was sitting on my butt I got a Restyling mag and they were talking about vinyl graphics. As most of us are artisitc it is a great way to generate profits in the down time. We started off doing pinstripes and eventually advanced to full body graphics. We do pinstripes at the cost of $75 a roll costs 8 and can do 3-4 trucks/cars. It only takes about 1/2 hour to apply. Recently we contacted some local dealers and got contracts with them for 1000 cars a year. Their cost is $30. We currently stripe 2 exclusive dealers. Not too bad for the off season. Where else can you profit an extra 50,000?<br />

<br />

Why does it take you so long to instripe a car. Takes my hubby about 6 mins a car. That is from laying it on to finishing it. Or where you talking about the larger stripes. Cause at 1/2hr a pop, it's gonna take you a long time to stripe a lot. Also, in doing this right on the lot the wind can produce quite a challenge. It loves to whip it around and pull dirt under your stripe causing it not to wanna stick. The faster you get. The more you can avoid this.<br />

<br />

I am scared to try striping on a professional level, 'cause I am afraid they will look like crap. I have done some vinyl in the past, but the stripes are usually the first thing I pull off of a car when I buy it. I tend to like the mono-color look. But, if it isn't too tough to get looking good, I will try it, 'cause I know most people like them.<br />

<br />

pinstriping is very easy. The hardest part for me is the ends. Pointed or swooped or looped or arrowhead? No, that's not hard but that's my point. Eyeball down the side of the vehicle, use the body line for reference, or do something a little different. It's very forgiving and cheap. Try it for yourself.<br />

<br />

Click here to view the article

Guest Flatbowdad

Pinstriping is very easy and quick. Make long pulls for strait lines. I pull the length of one side, pull off the backing, stick it on the taillight and pull all the way to the front fender. Touch it with your hand in one spot at the rear of the front fender than lift the front fender piece and role it around the curve of the fender. Press it down lightly, than pull the clear. cut your doors and ends.

Archived