3M Dealer Marketing Site

3M Dealer Marketing Site<br />

<br />

Ok Campers, as promised the site for the new 3M marketing materials is up and active. You will have to get in touch with your distributer/converter. You will be assigned a password and username and have to submit an application for approval to your dist/conv. This is being done to assure that only approved installers have access to the materials. Once you have your username and password, you can go to the site and create and order vehicle specific signs and POP displays. Keep in mind though campers, they arent free. You can even create them with your own logo as the local installer.Your dist/conv will have an allotment of free brochures based upon their film sales so that pretty much covers the free stuff. The biggest question I have received is for brochures, after the allotment is gone, they are 15 cents each. Prices for the displays vary on what you put on them. I would post a link but it wouldnt do you any good without a password. Contact your distributer today.<br />

I checked this out the other day and 3M has done a very nice job putting this together. They have virtually every make there so you can create a nice piece for each dealer. They have brochures, brochure holders, posters (about $94 for the nice one), cd/dvd's ($6 I think), room for your logo or the Nascar logo. Like Schmo said, pending your dist. volume of sales will determine the amount of free brochures. Am I being impatient? I submitted my info a week ago now and I still havnt heard anything. Should I try again? When you submitted your information, who did you put as your provider for film? After your distributor approves your application, then you will receive your username/password. Check with your distributor to see if they received an email from 3M.<br />

Once you go to the dealer site and submit your name, an email will be sent to your distributer, call them!! and make sure they respond to the email, they are the ones that are policing this program and have to approve or deny the app., I had at least 25 the day after the site went live. As much as I hate to say it, if your distributer only has the time to collect your money and not help with the marketing start your search now for a new one, 3M has offered a great device for their installers, shame to let it fall apart before anyone can use it. Keep me posted on here if anyone is having troubles and I'll see what I can do to help. Thanks for the reply guys, I'll place a call tomorrow. I've only recently started cutting my own kits, I purchased my bulk film. We're just now starting to see applications from our distributors that 3M has forwarded to us for approval. In our case we have set an internal standard that they will be reviewed and responded to within 8 business hours of receipt. I think 3M's procedure calls for a response from the channel partner (3M converter) within 2 business days of receipt. So if your response is slower, get on your supplier. I'd be glad to go to bat for any of you guys that for whatever reason aren't able to get your applications approved on a timely basis. This is a new system so it would be natural to expect a few minor glitches. The one thing we can't do however, is to acknowledge someone as being a capable installer if we have no knowledge of their skills or business history. Other than that we are glad to help and think that this latest effort by 3M gives us all a great marketing tool that has been sorely lacking in this industry. Kudos to the marketing team at 3M!<br />

Your right guys, I am blessed with a great rep, we talk weekly and keep up on things, I also try very hard not to just sell film to people, anyone that purchases has my cell number to answer install questions virtually 24/7, and many of them have...at 10:30 pm... on a sunday night... Flaugh.gif , just kidding guys(as long as it helped its all good) The reason they didnt go direct to the installers as the reps and the converter/distributors, is it assigns a chain of command so to speak, that way if there is a kink, it can be pinpointed correctly and quickly. I remember about 6 or 7 yrs ago, main companies were'nt budgeting many $$$ for ANY type of advertising or sales materials. Not to mention some of the films out had the consistency of cardboard. So these steps are huge ones. As I told my rep, my only beef was I thought that brouchures (the generic ones) should be free, custom made displays and graphics, are right on the money. Associating a fee with them makes them more valuable in the buyers eye.<br />

Just for the record, we approve of applications the same business day (usually the same hour) we receive them. Since the 3M rep. also has to approve of the application before entry to the 3M marketing site is granted, it may take a day or two, no fault of the distributor. 3M reps. typically don't read their e-mails as often as most of us do. If the designated rep. fails to respond within the alotted 48 hour period, by default the application goes to St. Paul for action. It's a great program that 3M put together and we are proud to be a part of it.<br />

<br />

3M.com/dealermarketing <br />

<br />

Click here to view the article

Archived