Acura Navigation System

Acura Navigation System<br />

<br />

Nov 25 2005, 05:14 PM <br />

<br />

I use LLumar ATRCH and SunTek HP . They are both metalized tint. I have a customer with a 06 acura TL and it has a navigation system in the rear glass. They said Acura says absolutely no metal tint or the navigation won't work! Anyone got any recommendations?<br />

<br />

I've tinted several without any problems from Solargard's HP line.<br />

<br />

I have had no nav problems with the TL, or other vehicles with HP metalized film. The only issue that concerns my film choices, is the rare occurence of AM radio interference. the benefits of HP film in longevity, and heat rejection far outweigh the faint risk of GPS interference, those antennas are typically not even in the rear glass.<br />

<br />

Ive had the "no metal tint", on numerous cars and never had it be an issue, except on the lower band width of the AM radio. And 95% of people dont even use that part of the AM radio.<br />

<br />

I learned a lesson a few years back, if your customer is a "blue hair" or an old guy who wears his trousers up to his chest, better clarify the AM risk to them or they'll freak later that day when they tune into "groovin' to the 40's".<br />

<br />

Click here to view the article

Archived