Random chat

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh Geezus, more radiation scare stuff. There is so much that you need to understand about radiation. With all of the different types and sources it is really interesting to see people report this stuff. I worked on Trident submarines and we learned a lot about radioactivity. She keeps referring to "counts per minute", but that means nothing to anyone. So if you look at something like that in the wrong scale, it could look incredibly bad. I am not saying to trust the Gov by any means, but untrained hobbyists looking at something they really don't know anything about could cause a serious panic. Just for referrence, I received more radiation on the beach than I did on the Sub. Natural decay is considered radiation as well as natural sunlight.

Oh Geezus, more radiation scare stuff.

Sorry, I saw several stories about this and thought I'd share with the group. Not my intention to scare anyone.

There is so much that you need to understand about radiation. With all of the different types and sources it is really interesting to see people report this stuff.

Obviously I'm no expert on radiation, don't claim to know anymore than the average Joe, but I do know that 1000 times normal background radiation means something has happened, I have no idea what or what kind of radiation it is.

It is news, probably should be reported somewhere. :dunno

There have been reports of explosions, coolant leaks, feds sealing off the area etc.

I worked on Trident submarines and we learned a lot about radioactivity. She keeps referring to "counts per minute", but that means nothing to anyone. So if you look at something like that in the wrong scale, it could look incredibly bad. I am not saying to trust the Gov by any means, but untrained hobbyists looking at something they really don't know anything about could cause a serious panic. Just for referrence, I received more radiation on the beach than I did on the Sub. Natural decay is considered radiation as well as natural sunlight.

Oh no Ric, not trying to stop convo. I just want to bring it to your attention that there are a lot who would take limited information and spread things. There could be something going on, but to think about it, if it was an issue with a reactor somewhere, there would be much higher counts. Just a point to calm fears, the safety of US reactors is pretty high. 3 Mile Island had a melt down and in the end of it all, more people died in Ted Kennedy's car than from that nuclear accident.

Archived