3M Frosted Crystal stinks... Literally

I have noticed this before with this product. It is definately outgassing. If memory serves, the smell lasted anywhere from a few weeks to a month or so, fading as time went on. I actually started using a comparable Solyx product because of this issue (and also pricing). Not sure what you can do to the film to mask the smell. You don't want to throw something on there that softens the product or distorts the appearance. Best of luck!!!

I have noticed this before with this product. It is definately outgassing. If memory serves, the smell lasted anywhere from a few weeks to a month or so, fading as time went on. I actually started using a comparable Solyx product because of this issue (and also pricing). Not sure what you can do to the film to mask the smell. You don't want to throw something on there that softens the product or distorts the appearance. Best of luck!!!

My first choice would have been the Solyx but there was already something else there we had to match.

Guest suntint

I'm in the minority but I kind of like the smell. But have only noticed in when first installing it, haven't noticed the smell still there shortly after installing.

Went back again today and sprayed Pledge on it. If you have never tried to wipe Pledge off a window without leaving streaks, I can tell you it is way big fun. The smell is masked at the moment but we will see what happens after the cleaners come in over the weekend.

Archived