Geoshield Dark Matter

hey guys

i was looking into getting Geoshield Dark Matter ceramic but i'm not sure if i should or not. got some samples of the film and the heat blocking capabilities are amazing when comparing to LLumar CTX. I compared 50% Dark matter to 30% CTX over a heat lamp and Dark matter was the clear winner. I've also done some searching on the forums. most people said it was difficult to work with but a pretty nice film. couldn't talk much about the longevity of the film because i don't think its been around too long. i called and talked to someone in the company and the main red flags to me is..

1. It's pretty cheap for ceramic.

2. Company has only been around 6 years

3. Claimed to be the first ceramic over the phone a few min ago ( i doubt it)

4. Could not give me any info on how it was made or where it was made.

5. Don't know how long it will last.

What do you guys think? would you choose CTX over Dark Matter or go with Huper Optik or another company. I need a range of films going from 5% to 50%. I'm already using LLumar so its easy just to bring in CTX and i know its a quality film but that heat rejection on the dark matter is really incredible and easy to show customers.

hey guys

i was looking into getting Geoshield Dark Matter ceramic but i'm not sure if i should or not. got some samples of the film and the heat blocking capabilities are amazing when comparing to LLumar CTX. I compared 50% Dark matter to 30% CTX over a heat lamp and Dark matter was the clear winner. I've also done some searching on the forums. most people said it was difficult to work with but a pretty nice film. couldn't talk much about the longevity of the film because i don't think its been around too long. i called and talked to someone in the company and the main red flags to me is..

1. It's pretty cheap for ceramic.

2. Company has only been around 6 years

3. Claimed to be the first ceramic over the phone a few min ago ( i doubt it) x2 I doubt it, if they are only 6 years old how could they be the first ceramic?

4. Could not give me any info on how it was made or where it was made.

5. Don't know how long it will last. Ask for a durability test report.

What do you guys think? would you choose CTX over Dark Matter or go with Huper Optik or another company. I need a range of films going from 5% to 50%. I'm already using LLumar so its easy just to bring in CTX and i know its a quality film but that heat rejection on the dark matter is really incredible and easy to show customers.

I would use care in comparing one film's performance to the next with a heat lamp because most lamps cannot accurately simulate the energy that comes from the sun. Better to compare the SHGC or the TSER. :twocents

As far as Huper Optik goes, it comes in vlt's from 5-70%, great performance, great opitcs, 10+ years on the market, durability tested, not as cheap as DM (but it is patented so there is no equivalent), your markets are typically not saturated, high margins, and a loyal brand following by some consumers. Admittingly, it can be challenging to install but most skilled and experienced installers can figure it out.

It's not for everyone but for some it is a good fit. :twocents

Hey bro ive been using the dark matter ceramic for the last 6 mos no problems. ive tested the dmc35 against express, solargaurd, global, solar control, llumar and hands down the best heat rejection of the bunch! The guys there at Geoshield are awesome best service best quality best price!

Ask for Cubby

Guest slowneasy

Tint Stuff

I would stay away from it. Its a cheaply made film and is not a true ceramic. I'v seen some last 3 months and some last 2 years.

2fast4u

I find it funny how you compared all these films with each other and can say one is better than another. When 2 of the manufactors you listed use and sell the same film as the dmc.

I have some good friends in Geoshield, great compnay...always motivaed. I do buy some of the DMC for one off site auto shop, and they have been pretty sucessfull selling it over the past two years for a very good price. Just like most of their products, they are high heat rejection films. I'm so used to Llumar/F1 that I'm not a huge fan of using that type of auto film, rubbery, does not shrink well. but seems to be holding up just fine on all installs we've seen....easy removal too :) Our company has had a lot more acheivements with the flat galss IRis/70. If you need a high VLT ceramic film for a good price, check it out for sure!

Guest VaTinterPMan

I just did my Mom's Camry in the 42% DMC, But first they sent me 30% and 42% I compared the 30% to the sample book and it was way off...The sample I got was purple looking and nothing like the 42%....I didn't want to install the 42% but I did...

It shrinks just like any other film for the most part...About just as fast as suntek. The 42% color was a nice Charcoal/Black really decent looking...Summer is over but it seems to really work well so far...About how long it holds up send it to howard and he will find out for you...:twocents

Archived