Furniture wrap

Guest Mark

Hi new to forum but hopeful for some advice please. I am looking to wrap an office desk top of the type which has a curved edge as in the link here

http://www.dams.com/Maestro

I am comfortable with flat surfaces and edges but how easy is the front curved edge approx 1inch deep going to be to get wright.

Any advice welcome please.

Mark

Mark, I can't see the edge from the pics but was wondering what material you want to use. I wrapped 2 display cabinets a few years ago with some Oracal 3651 that I had laying around. Worked great but my edge was a short curve from around the top. Still holding up and looking good btw.

Welcome to the forum

Cheers

Stan

Hi

Thanks for prompt reply. The transition I am worried about is from the flat top surface to the front edge of the desk. An oblong desk would be like wraping a parcel but mine curves. So when sat at the desk it is the 1" vertical face which worries me as I need to cover the top surface then will I get all sorts of creases as I bend wrap downwards to cover small front edge.

Is it a case of plent heat. Not sure of the material. It is stated as a car wrap material on ebay. Only cheap as to invest lots would not justify doing the desk.

Thanks

Mark

Mark, just give it a try! I think with a little heat you should be able to keep creases away. If this material won't work for ya......... just come back to tintdude and post. Lots of us carry vinyl we can help ya with if needed. Check and see if the material is air release before you start so you will know whats going on with it. Most AR vinyl if you look at the adhesive you should see a really small pattern in it, this allows the air to get out when you work with it dry. :beer

Cheers

Stan

Archived