Its pretty clear that to have successful shop a portion of your business needs to come from a relationship with an auto dealer.

My question is to those of you with successful dealer relationships:

1. How did you go about initiating your relationship (Approaching and Negotiating)

2. How do you determine what you charge a dealership

More detailed info would be of better help.

Its pretty clear that to have successful shop a portion of your business needs to come from a relationship with an auto dealer.

is that so ???

I do no dealeer work and I know plenty of other successful tinters that have no dealer work.

Even if others don't agree. I just want some advise on my questions.

Guest tintnmoreok

We do not actively solicit dealer work but will do it for them when asked. The problem we've had over the years with dealers is they expect it to be done on the cheap (which we will not do), they want it yesterday (we do work with them on rapid scheduling) and they expect to pay on 30 day terms (which we do allow). Generally our dealers will go to a shade tree tinter who will do it quick and cheap; so, unless they're in a bind (or the shade tree guys in jail for a couple weeks) we don't do a lot of tinting for them.

I strongly believe a better customer base is your retail customer. Build up a good relationship with the local clientele and you'll be money ahead and a lot happier.

so , you come to a forum full of tinters asking for help so you can cut the throat of the guy thats tinting them now ??? :chin

There is a lot of market share for everyone. I doubt that every dealer has a relationship with a tinter. The fact that I want to build a dealer relationship doesn't mean that I want to put someone out of business.

Archived