Best Way to Market/Advertise

What is the best way attract customers. How do you market your business?

I know that word of mouth is the best marketing for any business, I want to know an addition to word of mouth what are the best types of marketing for auto glass.

Guest B'hamSolar

There are a lot of ways to get your name out there for free. Look at Hot Frog, Yelp, Merchant Circle, Kudzu, Thumbtack,ect... just look for every free way out there to have your business show up on line. Make sure key words are including the biggest city around you, and I don't want to give it all away, but I pay very little for advertising costs, but I get just as many calls in the summer as anyone else simply because I am everywhere. Also, service magic helps no matter what anyone says. You just call the client first and close them. You get some that will never call you back, but the ones that do pay for the service 10 fold.

There are a lot of ways to get your name out there for free. Look at Hot Frog, Yelp, Merchant Circle, Kudzu, Thumbtack,ect... just look for every free way out there to have your business show up on line. Make sure key words are including the biggest city around you, and I don't want to give it all away, but I pay very little for advertising costs, but I get just as many calls in the summer as anyone else simply because I am everywhere. Also, service magic helps no matter what anyone says. You just call the client first and close them. You get some that will never call you back, but the ones that do pay for the service 10 fold.

I think this is right. Not just because it is free advertising but also because review sites like this also relay to your physical address. With a brick and mortar business these sites really give an advantage when someone in your geography is googling the services your business is offering. If you can create an opportunity for your customers to login to one of these sites and write a review, it will help all the more... unless maybe they write a bad review.

Guest naughtydog

citations and an optimised google places listing is the best to start with, if you have no website then link to a Facebook page, I do more of this type of Internet marketing stuff than window tinting nowadays.

Guest DiamondAutoSport

Although I'm new to the Forum I'm definitly not new to marketing problems. Luckily we have been in business 20 plus years and have worked hard to maintain the top spot on the google search list. Often times it isn't enough to get people in the door so I started doing as much as I could so people could hear our name. Since we are in a military town and people move so often unless you have a store on the main road near base noone new knows you exist and often go to the first rat hole they stumble upon. We bought huge time slots on two different radio stations (which has definitly not paid for itself) We have fliers posted at all the gyms on base, we have stacks of business cards at local restauraunts near base, I give out free T-Shirts to any customer I know will wear them, we put decals on any high end customers car that will let us but most of all and most important we slam them with customer service that makes them want to tell people about us. Thats the only way we survive. SO many little places come and go but being that we are definitly the most expensive place in town we get looked over. Sometimes it comes down to whats in the wallet not good work at a FAIR price.

Archived