Plasma, Lcd, Led ?

You would be better off with a 48" lcd over a 60 plasma if you are at a price limit..plasma is a thing of the past imo, dont know why they still sell them. I got the best vizio of the time a couple years ago and I think it has one of the best picture out there. led is even better in pic quality. you want a 120 hz for better quality watching sports and use a hdmi cable.

I have it hooked up with a HDMI cable. I actually just called a friend of mine to help move it into the van to bring it back. For the extra 900.00, I think I will be happier in the long run.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Go and return your boat anchor Plasma and get a 1080p 120 Hz LCD or LED. Here in Canada they are not priced too differently. LCD will be a few hundred cheaper which should allow going bigger. LED will save energy over the long run so it will pay for the difference that way. But definitely get rid of that energy hog Plasma unless you are also using it to heat your basement.

So I went and picked up a 60" Plasma LG. I did not see one hooked up in the store but there were several others in the 50" range to look at. Got it home and hooked up to FIOS but I think it looks dark in comparison to our other TVs, I think our others are LCD. I have adjusted all the options for the pic and maybe I'm just being critical but is that just how plasmas are?

rule # 1. never go plasma.... not as bright, burn in is still an issue YEARS after they developed the technology. picture quality so minimally better its stupid

LED is LCD..... its just lit with LEDs which are better than the CCFL used in regular LCDs.

bottom line fork over the money for LED lit LCD for long lasting quality.... something plasma will never have

Returned it and got a 60" LED. They were still pushing the plasma like crazy. I had to tell them no like 15 times. I ended up with a Sharp 1080/240. I hope sharp has gotten better since the last time I had something from them

Archived