Plasma, Lcd, Led ?

So I went and picked up a 60" Plasma LG. I did not see one hooked up in the store but there were several others in the 50" range to look at. Got it home and hooked up to FIOS but I think it looks dark in comparison to our other TVs, I think our others are LCD. I have adjusted all the options for the pic and maybe I'm just being critical but is that just how plasmas are?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why did you go with the plasma over the LED?

I listened to the ding dong that was selling TVs that day. He said sports were better on plasma because of the refresh rate. Not to mention a LED of the same size is about 900.00 more.

maybe it's a glare issue, and you should put some really dark film on your living room windows. :thumb

But for real. I want a 3d TV myself, but I am waiting for someone to come out with one that doesn't require glasses.

No glare issues, the room was built for a " man cave " and I had the tv wall orientated so it did not ever get sun glare on it. ......I know better!

Why did you go with the plasma over the LED?

I listened to the ding dong that was selling TVs that day. He said sports were better on plasma because of the refresh rate. Not to mention a LED of the same size is about 900.00 more.

:lol Gotcha.

It kinda sounds like they are trying to unload their plasmas. I have heard the LED tv's that have yellow are the "new thing" right now. :krazy

maybe it's a glare issue, and you should put some really dark film on your living room windows. :thumb

But for real. I want a 3d TV myself, but I am waiting for someone to come out with one that doesn't require glasses.

No glare issues, the room was built for a " man cave " and I had the tv wall orientated so it did not ever get sun glare on it. ......I know better!

Smart guy :thumb

Plasma has great picture quality ...just big energy hogs and heat generators

The thing that I'm most unhappy with is that the color looks kind of chitty. If you are watching hockey for example, the ice looks grey, the players gloves blend in with the pants ( if they are both black) and the areas in the scenes where there are shadows just look dark with no real definition.

You would be better off with a 48" lcd over a 60 plasma if you are at a price limit..plasma is a thing of the past imo, dont know why they still sell them. I got the best vizio of the time a couple years ago and I think it has one of the best picture out there. led is even better in pic quality. you want a 120 hz for better quality watching sports and use a hdmi cable.

Archived