Plasma, Lcd, Led ?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So it's just over 2 years and the Sharp TV has developed a green vertical line on the left side. Sharp says it's out of warranty and the repair guy says it's more to fix than it's worth. My first instincts about Sharp products were correct.... Next time I will know better. The TV was used very little, I would guess no more than 50-60 hrs total. Really pisses me off.

I have an old Samsung Plasma in the living room and it is still working just fine, we have a Samsung LED in the bedroom we have had for a few months and are very happy with it. 

We have a Samsung in the living room, I think it's a LCD, and a LG in the bedroom. They are in the 40" range ( I don't remember exactly ) but both are several years old with no issues. My first instinct was that Sharp products were not good quality ( going on past experiences ) But I listened to the hype and now it is what it is. I think this tv was 1800 ish and is now about 1200.00. I need to do some reading about who has a reliable 60-65" unit before buying the next one....it won't be a Sharp

So it's just over 2 years and the Sharp TV has developed a green vertical line on the left side. Sharp says it's out of warranty and the repair guy says it's more to fix than it's worth. My first instincts about Sharp products were correct.... Next time I will know better. The TV was used very little, I would guess no more than 50-60 hrs total. Really pisses me off.

Just install some 3M matt black vinyl on that side over the green vertical line, problem solved..........  :thumb

Sharp is sold in Australia at chain discount stores like Woolworths and Target which, for me, speaks volumes about the brand. A pity for a once proud brand to go down that route.

After having problems with many of the leading brands, I now stick with Panasonic. You usually have to pay a little more, but I have never had a problem yet with this brand.

I have a 60" plasma and a 36" led and both blu ray players are all Panasonic, it's even better that all the remotes in the house are interchangeable now, there is always one remote at any time that has been 'lost' to the remote Black Hole.

So... In my search via the web, to see if anyone else has had the green line experience. I came across. Someone's FB page who posted the exact problem about a year ago. His post was first then somehow Sharp posted below it and said they would contact him to try and help resolve the issue... Soooo. I post below him and state that I have the same issue and I'm less than happy about it...A hour later the Sharp rep sends me a pm via FB saying they have located my case # and will be in contact with me......ummmm OK... Low and behold my phone rings and guess who it is...Sharp... I send them pics and receipt and series # etc and they say they may be able to assist with some out of warranty type of service ( no promise) .........1st...how the hell did they know my phone # and 2nd......dayumn..... Just dayumnnnn.

Can I offer some advice? I used to work for electrical retailers many years ago. One of the very common tactics used in these stores is to set the picture mode to Dynamic and turn up the brightness on the model that they were trying to push for that month. It would make the images on that model stand out from the other 30-40 tvs on display and make it appear to have a far better quality picture.

Always do your own research. Never put much weight on the BS the salesman gives you in store. If he could, he'd sell you a rat's butthole and tell you it was a wedding band. That's how he makes his money remember, selling stuff...

[emoji6][emoji106]

Can I offer some advice? I used to work for electrical retailers many years ago. One of the very common tactics used in these stores is to set the picture mode to Dynamic and turn up the brightness on the model that they were trying to push for that month. It would make the images on that model stand out from the other 30-40 tvs on display and make it appear to have a far better quality picture.

Always do your own research. Never put much weight on the BS the salesman gives you in store. If he could, he'd sell you a rat's butthole and tell you it was a wedding band. That's how he makes his money remember, selling stuff...

[emoji6][emoji106]

Yep, adjusting the shop lighting and connecting the better sound system up to the "TV of the Month" helps push sales also

We have our IR Meters, BTU Meters and heat box displays...we are not without our 'sales aids' either I suppose.

Archived