Suntek Residential Film Peeling Immediatley After Installation

Recently we have run into this problem where we are installing suntek ids, drds and 7% drmds films and as soon as we finish the installation the corners of the film start to peel up. This is happening while the sun is facing the windows while the installation takes place.

We were told by our suntek rep to change up the solution which we did by not using as much soap in the mix. Still same problem occurs.

Other option that was presented to us by our rep was to not tint the windows in the sun.... Unfortunately this option is not always available when you book 8 hours in a day to tint houses.

I trying to see if anyone else out there has had this experience or has any input as to what the problem might be. I have been told that suntek has been changing their adhesives on their films and this could be the issue but all the reps say the product has not changed.

Thanks

The Tint Shoppe

Recently we have run into this problem where we are installing suntek ids, drds and 7% drmds films and as soon as we finish the installation the corners of the film start to peel up. This is happening while the sun is facing the windows while the installation takes place.

We were told by our suntek rep to change up the solution which we did by not using as much soap in the mix. Still same problem occurs.

Other option that was presented to us by our rep was to not tint the windows in the sun.... Unfortunately this option is not always available when you book 8 hours in a day to tint houses.

I trying to see if anyone else out there has had this experience or has any input as to what the problem might be. I have been told that suntek has been changing their adhesives on their films and this could be the issue but all the reps say the product has not changed.

Thanks

The Tint Shoppe

Ask Suntek about a clear little bottle of stuff you can get at CVS :thumb

It is called curl, We have never had that problem, it is only you.

You say we as a suntek employee... if so, we use many different types of film using the same installation process, and this is the only film that curls, so it hardly seems to be just us.

It is called curl, We have never had that problem, it is only you.

You say we as a suntek employee... if so, we use many different types of film using the same installation process, and this is the only film that curls, so it hardly seems to be just us.

I say that because that is what you are going to hear when you tell the mfr. Everyone who does FG for any length of time is going to have this happen to them. IMO the material should never get passed quality control in the first place but does. Trust me it will not be the last time you see it.

I've had it happen with the DRDS 15 and 25. It seems to happens when the glass is hot. It sucks. Tom is right. I've been told it must be me. Too much soap. Not pushing hard enough. Something. Forget the fact I've been doing this for 25 years.

Archived