Tractor Tinting

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest spfwindowtinting

I just did a big tractor this week. We price them high depending on the difficulty. A lot of times what I do which makes it much easier and usually look much better is after all the film is applied use my plotter (or can be hand cut) and apply black vinyl around all the hinges and door handles inside and out. This makes a great job look like a perfect job.

I've got a guy wanting me to tint two of his tractors. They are both new New Holland. Any tips, never done a tractor before. Most of the windows look rounded some. Any help would be very much appreciated.

I used to do a heap of these - John Deere, Kubota etc.

I would take out the doors and rear screen(which you usually have to due to intrusion bars), remove edge gaskets to allow tint to go underneath, cut out the holes for all the locks, intrusion bars, wipers etc and reassemble.

You have to leave the best part of the day and a lot of the assembly/ disassembly is a 2 man job.

The doors and rear screen take a lot of shrinking on most, but not that hard.

I just woke up to myself that I was saying no to 4 cars to do 1 of these and I was way underpricing myself.

The decision not to do them any more was made for me when 1 of my tinters broke a rear screen reassembling and cost me $600 to replace.

Now I let the opposition do them while I do the paying work. :thumb

Archived