Wet application of vinyl wrap

I know there is much easier stuff out there like the 970 and 1080 stuff. However, I read about so many people doing complete wraps with stuff like Oracal 751 so I gave it a shot (and ordered a lot of it).... wish I would have took pictures before I ripped it off.

It was BAD, it look me 6 hours to do one fender and still looked like crap. The adheasive was so strong you could not move any air trapped even a 1/8 of an inch. So I couldnt just pull/stretch it in place and squeegy it down. It had to be perfect right when it touched the surface.

I did my fender wet to test it out. 80% water and 20% alcohol, I soaked it pretty good like it was PPF. Seemed to lay down perfect and the adheasive seemed to be at about 80% strength after one squeegy pass.

Would you see any problem with this? Do you think with heat or time it would continue to become 100% dry? Couldnt find a lot about doing a whole wrap wet, so trying to find some info out before I do my whole car!

Thanks for any help guys!

Please always document your work. Not just for us to help you with but for your portfolio and in future for training. When an issue comes up take lots of good clear pics of the problem and how it was solved.

Oh and wraps go on DRY.

As you have already found out they don't play well with slip.

I will with my future stuff. I know wrapping is pretty popular now there still isnt a whole lot on the net.

I know most people do a wrap dry, but this is the same vinyl people have installed wet in very large graphics.

It worked great with slip, I am just a little concerned about it though. Ill get some photos this weekend.

Archived